Friday 25 February 2011

Breast Surgery - silicone, scar


I developed a reddish purple thick rope like textured scar after a surgery a few years ago. I previously tried every over the counter cream and sheet and even an expensive cream from my dermatologist. Nothing worked. My scar was over three years old and I had nearly given up hope when my doctor recommended trying Scaraway sheets. After just a few days my scar was noticeably softer and after a few weeks, the itching was gone and it was flatter and less red. After 10 weeks I cannot believe the results. My scar has virtually vanished. All that is left is a faint whitish line, but it blends with my skin and is no longer raised up and thick, and no one points it out anymore. These sheets were very easy to use compared to other scar treatments I've tried. I just put it on my scar after showering and sometimes just left the sheet on for days, opting to cover it when I shower instead of taking it off like directions say to do. I am extremely pleased with this product, and thrilled to be able to wear certain clothes again after years of covering up my scar. :) My only negative is that it was hard to find, so, I'm glad I found this! ScarAway Long Silicone Scar Healing Sheets - Contains the full Dr. Recommended 12 Week Supply

ScarAway Professional Grade Silicone Scar Treatment Sheets - 12 Re-usable 3" x 1.5" sheets

My plastic surgeon recommended ScarAway silicone sheets for treatment of a 6" long and 1/4-1/2" wide jagged, irregular, red, thickened scar that resulted from surgery on my arm after an accident. I have to admit I was skeptical because I had never heard of silicone for scars before, but the difference is nothing short of amazing! I used this item every day as directed. During just the first few days my scar tissue was softened tremendously. after finishing the therapy, the entire scar flattened and faded dramatically...no one even notices it as the texture of my skin and the color are no longer rough and red and have transformed like I never imagined it could. Overall this item was simple to use and very effective. I was surpised by the result, my surgeon, however, was not...as he said that silicone sheet therapy has been used in hospitals and to treat burn scars for a long time. My only complaint is that it was hard to find. I found it online and have been told it is also available in medical supply stores, but not regular pharmacies. so I would suggest they make it available in stores.

Most reviews of this product were not helpful since reviewers did not wait long enough to get results. My raised scar was a challenge for this product since it was 2 yrs old, I am in my mid-50s, and I definitely tend to scar. But after a full 2 months I finally decided the product helped. After 2 additional weeks I am quite pleased since the scar has shrunk down and is softer and less noticeable. This is for patient and determined people. In the last month, during hours when I left the scar uncovered, I rubbed on a dab of Mederma and that seemed to have helped too. Reviewers complained about the patches not staying put - just take a bandaid, peel off the gauze, and use it to hold down the patch.

I was so surprised after a few weeks of using this product. My scars look years old, and I recently had surgery about 6 weeks ago! The scars used to be raised and bright red and purple, but not anymore. They are smooth and almost all the color has disappeared. It looks as if they have been healing for years. The only complaint that I have it the adhesive wears off after 3-4 days and each strip is supposed to last a whole week. Other than that, it's a great product.

This is my second use of ScarAway. I have had problem scars from a few different procedures and had previously tried every possible treatment including some OTC creams, then coritsone injections and surgical scar revision. The creams (I tried Mederam and Scar Zone) did not work at all for me. I saw no change after many months of use. The cortisone injections were painful and agitated my scar further. After scar revision surgery my initial scar was altered for the better and I was hopeful, however, new scarring formed that was worse than ever. I went to a new dermatologist who recommended I use ScarAway sheets. I used the ScarAway patch and started to feel a difference in just a few days. My scar was already getting softer and less "stiff". I continued to use daily and every week my scar looked better and better. I could literally see the change each week and was thrilled. After completing treatment with ScarAway, my scar that was once thick and raised and extremely red with a shiny look, is barely visible. The texture is not shiny anymore and it became flat and redness completely went away. After everything else, I can't believe how easy this was. I wish I knew about it sooner. I could have avoided alot of grief and frustration, not to mention saved alot of $$. I wore my patch ALL THE TIME! I like that is covered up my nasty scar because even I was tired of looking at it. Happy to be done with that one. I am now using ScarAway on a new scar. On my doctors advise I am using ScarAway preventively to avoid the scars I had to deal with for years before. My stitches were removed last week and my doctor said to use ScarAway right away to prevent a bad scar from developing. I will re-post at a later date. For now...these ScarAway patches were a miracle for me. Thanks, AJ

I've only been using these strips for a week but already my 4 week old surgery scar has flattened tremendously. I have a huge, horizontal scar which requires two, 7 inch strips to cover it. The redness is not receding yet but it's too early to tell if it will.



The strips will not stay in place under clothing for seven days so order extras if you want to use them for the recommended 12 weeks. I can use them for about 5 days and do not take them off when I shower. I received a 10% coupon and free shipping with my first order so will use it to get more. The service was speedy with no issues.



I highly recommend ScarAway strips if you've had recent surgery. They prevent clothes from chafing your incision and literally remove the discomfort. - Silicone - Scar - Scars - C-section'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information