Thursday 24 February 2011

Lifting Gloves - valeo, weight lifting gloves


I found Valeo's sizing chart through Google, it says my palm which is 8-9 inch should fit a Medium but it was too tight, especially at the knuckles, my knuckles hurts as it was stretching the stitching when I clenched my fists. Large was better for me. Valeo Ocelot Lifting Gloves (Large)

These are the most comfortable gloves I own. Period. For anything. I own snow gloves, driving gloves, biking gloves, etc. I am used to rough, mesh gloves, and these are a total relief. They wick sweat well, they look awesome, and they are super comfortable. The padding isn't overbearing, but if you need a lot, it's there! I'll never buy another brand.

I bought 2 pair of the Valero gloves based on the sales description. I think they are a good deal for the price. They are well made and quite comfortable. I would compare them to any simiular lifting glove costing twice as much. Like many pair I have used, they are a bit snug, even the X-large!

First of all I love the gloves. Good combination and use of leather and stretchy material. On Valeo's website it says that if my palm measures 9 inches around, I would need an extra large. But it turns out that the 2XL size fits my hand snugly. Good thing I went with my gut and got the larger size instead. The extra large would never have fit my hand.

Wanted to say these are by far the best weight training gloves I've used. All my other gloves were cut at 1/2 finger length, the 3/4 finger length is really the way to go. They are also way more cushioned and much softer leather than the Harbinger 143.



My hands measure almost 8 inches in circumference and the large fits me PERFECT, snug but not too tight, and not at all loose. (This is two sizes "too big" according to the Valeo sizing chart, which says I should be a small-- trust me a small would be way too tight and cut circulation, a mistake I made with the Harbingers).



One last note- the image on these gloves is way off, here is what they really look like: [...] (with a few exceptions: there aren't any ventilation holes along the fingers, and the logo is black instead of red).



Happy lifting.

I've had these gloves for about a year; use 'em twice a week on average.



Fairly quickly, the fabric holding the velcro straps began separating. And more recently, the seam on one of the thumbs has separated the whole length of the thumb. (For the record, I've only washed them once, in cold water on gentle, precisely to keep 'em in good shape for as long as possible.) And finally, the padding [which it turns out I prefer not having in the first place] on the right glove has always been a little bunched at the base of the thumb / palm, and has always hurt a bit during press exercises.



I've still got a $10 pair of Harbinger gloves in my gym bag that I used constantly for about five years; they were always more comfortable than the Ocelots, and held up way better.

I have used these Valeo ocelot gloves for 8 or 9 years now and have always found them to be of excellent quality.They have sufficient padding in the palm and fingers and what I especially like is the 3/4 length fingers that extend beyond the middle of your fingers.When you are lifting 200-300 lbs. of weights and more,the long fingers keep the bars and levers from cutting into the knuckles on your fingers when you lift. For me,this is a great feature.One caution is that these gloves run SMALL. Normally I wear a size Large glove but even the XL size of these Valeo gloves fits me very snug.Order at least one size up.I highly recommend this product.

Very comfortable. Velcro works great. Plenty of padding on the "business" side but not too much; you can still get a good grip. Leather is very soft and comfortable but seems thick enough to last. A couple of friends of mine have used theirs for a couple of years and they are still in good condition. I like having the fingers go 1/2 out the finger to the knuckle.

I've been using Valeo gloves for years with no complaints and thankfully this is still the case! Per usual they are well made with lots of cushion and grip which makes lifting far more enjoyable and less dangerous. This is, however, the first time that I've used ocelot instead of leather but so far I'm very pleased. At first they felt a little stiffer than leather but they are softening with each use. One more thing: when ordering them, definitely choose a larger size than you would normally. I have relatively small hands and the medium size fits great. I definitely recommend these gloves and would order them again in the future! - Valeo - Lifting Gloves - Weight Lifting Gloves'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information