Saturday 26 February 2011

Cordless Phone Headset - phone, plantronics


I am very fussy about headsets for my land line phones and find very few acceptable. I currently have three Plantronics headsets and this is the latest one. All are great, but this is the best so far at less than half the cost of the last one. I have this one on a Vtech phone with the volume on the headset at the lowest level and the volume on the Vtech at the lowest setting and everything is loud and clear for me and for person I am speaking to... on land lines and wireless phones. It is very comfortable to wear unlike the other two Plantronics I own. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED at twice the price. Plantronics M220C Mobile Headset for Cordless Phones

The sound clarity and comfort of this headset is excellent. The rubber earpiece allows for hours of wear without discomfort. The volume controls are conveniently located on the earpiece. The microphone works great without having to be carefully positioned. Overall, this is just a great product - highly recommended!

I've been through way too many headsets trying to get great sound quality both on my end and for the person on the other end of the phone, and this one takes the prize so far. The model number is similar to but NOT the same as the similar one made for cell phones...but this one truly is optimized for cordless phones and does a great job. The only complaint is that the ear loop on it is less than completely comfortable, but it's a small price to pay for great sound and mobility. I use it with a Panasonic 5.4 GHz cordless phone.

On the positive side, the headset is extremely lightweight, and I'm told by people that I've called that the sound quality is very good. Unfortunately, I found the headset unusable for my needs for two reasons. First, the earloop pinches my ear and I can only wear the headset for about 30 minutes before it becomes unbearably painful. Second, I could only use it in very quiet environments because the volume of the earpiece is too low. I would recommend this headset only if you have very small ears and plan to use it in the quietest surroundings.

I recently bought this headset at a chain electronics store. First, a nonessential plastic cover was missing from the box, which only hurts aesthetically (you can see the awfully cheap plastic innards) but doesn't alter functionality. However, it definitely does hurt your ear and has way too low volume. I used to have hours-long calls with an around-the-head 'standard' handsfree but with this one my ears protest.



Also be aware that it looks much cheaper and flimsier in real life than in the pictures. Yet, I must admit it's extremely lightweight and has a decent sound quality.

This little headset is ok but I've had better. If you don't fit it just right it can be painful after about 20 minutes. Also the there just isn't enough volume control. It only has two settings which is a high and low switch. Even on the high setting, I sometimes need more volume due to my surroundings. I have normal hearing so I know it's not a problem on my end.



A final word of caution, this will drain the battery in cellphones/cordless phones at about double the normal rate if you talk alot. For example if your cellphone battery normally lasts 10 hours of talk time, you will only get about 5 hours of talk time with this headset before you must recharge your phone.

Best headset that I've ever owned. Cheapest too. I have it attached to a vTech 5.8GHz wireless phone using Vonage VOIP as my carrier. Several people have commented that I sound better with my new setup than with the my Verizon land line and GTE wired handset. It takes a while to get used to the "over the ear" design but it's worth it.

The sound quality for the earpiece has never given me any problems. Ocassionally, the microphone is too quiet for the person on the other end.



My biggest complaint is I can't situate the microphone very close to my mouth. It hangs way out to one side. And it won't fit snugly around my ear, so any movements make the whole thing wobble around. There doesn't seem to be any way to adjust it.



If you will be using this headset from time to time and not for hours a day, I would recommend it for the price and quality. Otherwise, if you intend to use it more, I would recommend spending more money to get something better designed. - Cordless - Plantronics - Phone - Electronics'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information