Sunday 27 February 2011

Narrow Crown Stapler - staplers, narrow crown stapler


I bought this stapler after a disappointment with a "refurbished" older model that would drive both staples and brads. Compared to the older one, the SX1838K was easier to use in terms of putting the staples exactly where I wanted them and particularly for providing good countersinking of the fasteners. It also does not require oiling, which avoids the possibility of staining the work. I use the stapler in my home shop for cabinet making and a variety of day to day fastening needs. I found the 7/32" staple and this stapler to be something I count on and use often, usually along with glue, to get a strong, tight joint very quickly, without having the confusion of clamping up the pieces and driving a screw. Bostitch SX1838K 18-Gauge Narrow-Crown Stapler

History:



I've been in the building trade all my life and have extensive experience with most tools.



Review:



This is a great stapler. Quick change trigger, quick turn depth gauge, and hook to hold it on your belt while working. It even has a built in pencil sharpener- funny, but helpful.

Purchased the stapler in nov 2010 to install a beadboard ceiling and trim in a small house. Stapler is now in for service for the 3rd time, after less then 5000 staples. The first time the piston jammed in the cylinder, the last 2 times the piston won't retract far enough to catch a staple.

This tool is terrific for applying screen molding and other thin moldings that nails would otherwise pull through. It's well built, light weight, and works flawlessly right out of the box. I honestly can't believe that I lived so long without this little handy dandy.

This gun is amazing. Starting at the swivel air connection right on to the fact that it knows when it's out of staples. I'm using this guy for a 1x6 knotty pine ceiling firing 1 ½" staples. A finishing nail in the tongue is to thin and pulls right thru.

I got this stapler to reinforce joints for custom picture frames. The stapler is powerful, easy to use and is great for the job intended. I use the 1/2 in leg staples. Just need to make sure the staple is centered in the joint.

I like the stapler alot. Using it for wood flooring installation. While not configured for installing wood flooring, it was jury-rigged to do so and did an acceptable job. Having more floors to do, will make a jig to work better. I have used the stapler in another application and it worked great. It is relatively small and easy to handle. I did not give this stapler 5-stars because of Amazon's delivery. For an "in stock" item, it took nearly a week to get it even though it was eventually shipped from a neighboring state. Unacceptable in my opinion. - Brad Nailer - Narrow Crown Stapler - Finish Nailer - Staplers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • narrow crown stapler
  • ,
  • finish nailer
  • ,
  • staplers
  • ,
  • brad nailer