Friday 25 February 2011

Headphone Extension Cords - cable, headphones


Maybe Maxell has redesigned the cord since the previous set of reviews, but it is working great for me.

I was very hesitant to buy the the cord because of the past poor reviews but figured it was worth giving a chance since all I wanted to do was be able to listen to Napster while running on my treadmill at home and my other alternatives were either 1) buy an MP3 player (expensive) or 2) crank up the volume on the computer loud enough to be heard over the motor of the treadmill (not too nice for the rest of the family). I have the cord stretched to it's full 20' length, from one room into another, with no loss in sound quality and the connections have all stayed tight and never popped loose (something that has surprised me given the tension on the cord). Maxell HP-20 Headphone Extension Cord with Adapters

Many of the other reviews have already touched on the ups and downs of this product. The sound quality and durability are very good, and the adapters are very handy--especially the two-prong airplane adapter. The cord is a bit heavy, but that comes with it's length and sturdy construction.



Here's a tip: I needed an extension because I move around a lot in my office. I don't often have to leave my chair, though--I just roll around between bookcases, filing cabinets, and my desk. What I've done is attach a velcro tie to the end of the extension cord near where the headphones plug in. Then I can quickly tie it to the arm of my chair. The cable stretches to let me reach any part of the room, and I have enough length on the headphone cord to allow me to stand up. Since the only weight on the headphones comes from their own cord, I don't notice the weight of the extension.

I bought this extension cord solely because it claimed to be 20 feet long -- so I could listen to CDs while doing computer work.The cord, plus the 5-foot cord on the headphones, would give me about 25 feet -- more than I needed for the distance. However, this cord was so tightly spiraled that it stretched only about 10 feet before the plug pulled out -- useless for my purpose. I have been straightening it between the doorknobs on two doors off and on ever since I got it, but it still hasn't straightened out enough for me to use it.The sound quality is good, but I don't need a headset when I'm in the living room with the stereo. Unless and until the doorknob caper works -- and I'm about to give up -- I wasted my money. Which means, BTW, I also wasted my money on the headset --which I bought solely because I could get a 20-ft extension cord.I think the manufacturer should have been candid about the distance this cord actually will reach -- which is only about half the stated distance. Saying "up to 20 feet" is, IMO, an unreasonable exaggeration.

I've had good sound quality from this cord, even when running the signal to amplified speakers that fill up the room. It's true that the length is understated but I only needed about 10 feet so it's fine for my purposes. I plan on getting a second one for my other computer system.

Most of the time sounds through this cord are much quiter than they sound when I hook the headphones up directly to the source. When it isn't so quiet (this cord is temperamental) odd noises are accentuated, and speech is garbled. I could of course just have a faulty one, and most might conduct sounds perfectly. I'm giving one star to my specific cord.

This item was, for me, a waste of money. I bought it, along with some earphones, so I could listen to TV witt volume turned higher after my husband goes to bed,(I'm loosing my hearing & he's a very light sleeper). The connector to the earphone isn't tight enough , so the audio keeps breaking up. I have to hold it (just exactly right, mind you) in position to use it at all - so I don't!

I needed an extension cord to attach to my earbuds to give me more mobility while connected to the computer. I no longer consider Sony a choice for anything due to their rapidly declining build quality in the past couple years. I was hesitant on this purchase but the price was right so I went for it. I've been using them for over a month now and am very pleased with the product. Yeah, I know it's a headphone extension cord but there seems to be few viable options on Amazon.com and I wanted to let people know that this is a worthwhile purchase. - Earphones - Cable - Headphones - Maxell'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information