Saturday 26 February 2011

Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - bluetooth receiver, ipod dock


The YBA-10 worked perfectly out of the box when mated with my RX-V663 and BB Pearl. Music sounds very clean with no distortion or interferences. Range is about 15 feet before breaking up. I like the fact that the unit glows blue when it is actually receiving a BT signal.



Only other comment is that its a pretty heavy duty cable used between the unit to plug into receiver...dont know why Yamaha YBA-10WH Bluetooth Wireless Audio Receiver for Select Yamaha Home Theater Receivers

I got it to sync with my wife's PC and my iPhone without too much trouble. (Apparently the MacBook pro's bluetooth doesn't work very well with this unit - streams very poorly and with a lot of distortion.) My main complaint is the high-pitch "whislte" that has been referenced by other reviewers. It is very annoying, and overwhelms the sound for me. Makes the unit almost unusable as the high-frequency tone is all I can hear after a few minutes of listening. If Yamaha could somehow fix this with a software update for their receivers, it would make this a great product. In the meantime, save your money.

I was very excited to be able to play music from my laptop over the living room speakers through the receiver.



The YBA-10 was very easy to set up--plugged it in, quickly paired the device through the laptop, and was listening to music in under 10 minutes. Easy.



However, we immediately heard that "ringing" that other reviewers have noted. It seems to be in the 12k-14khz range. Imagine somebody hitting a hi-hat with a wrench and amplifying it through your speakers. It gets irritating really fast. I toggled with volumes and equalizers and checked on-line forums--other people have the same issue--but I could not find a solution.



For $20, I'd just grin and bear it; however, at nearly $70 this is an unacceptable flaw. I am returning the YBA-10.

I was looking for this kind of solution for quiet a long time. Of course, first what should be first; I bought a Yamaha receiver, the 663, due to they had this kind of solution, and recently I purchased this Wireless receiver and it is great. I can stream out my music from my PC using I tunes, the remote control can control the I tunes functions such us fwrd, stop, rew and so. The coverage is OK for Bluetooth, you should have the PC at the same room that the YBA-10WH, otherwise you will hear with distortion. The set up is very easy and quick, do not hesitate, if you are experiencing some problems connecting and unplugging your PC from the Home Theatre receiver, buy this.

The ultimate deciding factor for me to go with a Yamaha receiver (RX-V465) was the ability to wirelessly sync my laptop and receiver together with their YBA-10 bluetooth device.



Initially I was able to easily pair my lap top and the YBA-10 without any problem. However, on subsequent uses I have had to re-pair or tinker with the device to get it to work. I'm not 100% it is the device's fault every time but sometimes it would "Connect" without the blue light of the YBA lit up and the music would still come out of my lap top.



Other times I would have no music coming out of my lap top and the light would be lit up for the YBA-10 but no music out of the receiver's speakers. On the lap top, I would right click the icon for the YBA-10 and open up the "status" window and see that my information would be sent but alas, no music.



Ultimately, its takes a couple of minutes to tinker around but I get it to work each time I want to use it. I LOVE not using any wires and am thoroughly pleased with the sound quality (no loss from what I can tell). Well worth the price. I would recommend it but would caution those people who are "computer illiterate" beyond using the internet or word processor.



Trouble shooting note - if you have music coming out of the lap top, always try re-pairing. The process is tedious but only takes a couple minutes.

I'm using this with a Yamaha HTR-6240 receiver and a variety of laptops/netbooks.



Pros:

- Very good range. Achieved 30 feet line of sight.

- Decent sound quality. If all that you're doing is playing MP3s then it's good enough that everyone but audiophiles won't notice.

- Easy set-up. Plug it in, go to the Options, select pairing, and you're good to go. It remembers multiple paired devices, though only connects one at a time.

- Connects quickly. Once you're paired, all you have to do is initiate the connection from your computer.



Cons:

- The whine. It's somewhere around 12kHz. It is definitely noticeable from my laptop running Windows 7. It's unnoticeable to all but trained ears from my friend's netbook running Fedora 12 with the PulseAudio package though.

I have a Yamaha receiver and this accessory made it easy to sync my iphone to the receiver via the bluetooth. The only drawback I see is that you have to re-pair it after a period of inactivity. It just takes a couple of minutes so it's not a big deal. - Convenience - Ipod Dock - Bluetooth - Bluetooth Receiver'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information