Monday 28 February 2011

Usb Hard Drive Adapter - usb, ide adapter


I bought this after an old laptop stop booting. I didn't want to buy an enclosure and this adapter was the best choice after I opened the old laptop to extract the hard drive. It was very easy to work with this USB adapter since it gives you a lot of connection choices, virtually to are able to connect any ATA or SATA drive through it, after open the package it took me couple of minutes to hook up to my other computer and start to recover my data. I highly recommend this not only to recover data but if you have a hard disk around now you can use it without to buy an enclosure. One more thing, this adapter works with Windows and Macs. SATA/PATA/IDE Drive to USB 2.0 Adapter Converter Cable for 2.5 / 3.5 / 5.25 Inch Hard Drive / Optical Drive with External AC Power Adapter

The price was great and the shipping was fast.

My only problem was that the device didn't come with instructions and I think that may have caused me to corrupt one of the harddrives by unplugging it before turning the computer off. I recommend finding some instructions online before using but the product was exactly as advertised and simple to connect.

I needed a way to connect a 2nd hard drive to a laptop that had operating system problems. This kit did the trick perfectly. I was able to format and load Windows on to a new hard drive and then connect my old hard drive to the USB port to copy my important files to the new one. Great product.

Had an elderly IDE drive (10GB). Plugged the data/usb adapter into the drive, plugged the power cable into the drive, plugged the brick into the wall (let the drive spin up), plugged the USB cable into my PC and 20 seconds later viola! There was the drive in XP.



Idiot proof.



Take your time. It's easy to bend IDE connector pins. Old lab trick: use the opening of a Pentel mechanical pencil to straighten them out if you got cocky.



Cheers.



Jim

I got this for transferring data from an older laptop ATA hard disk to my new laptop. It worked great. The power supply didn't have anywhere to attach for the small laptop drive but it worked well anyway on USB power only. I had already bought an enclosure previously, that didn't work, and this was the replacement. The data transfer is slow but that's not a problem for a use like mine. (dumping the old hard drives info onto my new computer)

No instructions were included with my order, but thanks to the helpful reviews for the cable package and the WD SATA hard drive I was able to successfully use these products to bring my son's PS3 back to life. The promised manual would have cut down on the installation time. I researched every part to make sure I was using it correctly. The enlarged photos of each on the Amazon product page helped a lot.

At first the power connector wouldn't work...frustrated I finally shoved and pushed really hard cramming it together and it finally connected. I could hear the drive making noise as it spun. However, Windows XP Professional 64 wouldn't recognize the drive..(My PC is new even though I'm using XP so not sure what the problem is)..I messed with it for an hour or so and then tried my daughter's pc which has Vista Basic and it worked perfectly!

Bought this to access old PATA drives that would no longer fit in my new PC. The drives booted up immediately (several different ones) and was able to copy all the essentials off just like downtown. Why pay more for crap you dont need? Its not built to last forever - but Jeez ! look at the price ! works just great for what I needed and now it goes into the drawer for the next time. - Ide Adapter - Sata - Pata - Usb'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information