Thursday 24 February 2011

Baitcaster


My daughter gave me this reel, from amazon, for my birthday recently. My first impression: I can't get over it's smoothness and feel. My wife and daughter know nothing about reels and I told them to turn the crank. They were both impressed with the precision smoothness. It looks much more expensive than it is. You can tell it's a world-class, high quality, precision fishing reel. The reasonable asking price means to me that if this reel remains as good as it is now with no future problems, this is a great value.



I loaded it with 12 lb mono, followed the simple directions for setting the casting brake, and it casts as smooth as sweet Georgia Cotton with zero backlash. So far so good... Any problems in the future I'll re-post. Abu Garcia Orra SX Series Baitcast Reel

MY DAD AND I WENT SHOPPING AND I PICKED OUT THIS ROD AND REEL COMBO. IT FELT REALLY GOOD IN THE STORE, AND I WENT WITH IT AFTER LOOKING AT A FEW MORE EXPENSIVE REELS. THIS IS THE BEST REEL COMBO FOR THE MONEY. THE BALANCE IS EXCELLET. THE CASTING IS EXCELLENT. THE WAY IT HANDELS A FISH IS EXCELLENT. I HAVE NEVER ONCE WROTE A REVIEW ON ANY ITEM THAT I HAVE BOUGHT....BUT I HAD TO FOR THIS ONE. I HAVE REELS WITH MORE BERING AND THAT COST MORE MONEY AND I WOULDN'T TRADE ALL OF THEM FOR THIS ONE, FOR THE MONEY. WHEN I SAY TRUST ME I MEAN IT. YOU WILL NOT FIND A BETTER ROD AND REEL FOR THE MONEY.



HERE'S A LINK TO A FEW MORE REVIEWS IF YOU DON'T TRUST ME



[...]

Out of the box the reel squeaked very bad and required lubrication. In use it was OK but could never get it set properly to stop backlashing on long casts. I followed the recommendations for proper set-up, even watched several video's on youtube but same problem with backlash.

This is not my first Baitcast Reel, I have owned many brands and litteraly wore them out from so much fishing but this is the first one where I could not stop it from backlashing.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Baitcaster Baitcaster Baitcaster