Thursday 24 February 2011

Screen Protector - otterbox, case


I recently changed the case on my droid from the Seidio Innocase to the otter box. The Seidio case is a great case. Fits well and feels great in your hands. Its made out of a non slip plastic that is really nice. I had no complaints with it, but I wanted to get something that offered a bit more protection. So I got the otter box and I am not disappointed!



The otter box has two main differences over the Seidio case. First, it has a rubber lining covered by plastic for the main case. The rubber cradles the phone and is exposed on the sides which should provide more impact cushining. The top cover is very similar to the Seidio case and probably offers the same protection as the Seidio case.



Secondly, it has plugs for the charging and ear hone jacks. This is great since I keep my phone in my pocket and dust gets it the ports. It also has rubber buttons that go over the volume, camera, and unlock buttons providing some protection and more importantly, making it easier to use the buttons! The seidio case blocks the buttons a bit.



The only negative to the otter box is that it does not have the same non slip feel to it as the Seidio and is a tad bulkier.



So the bottom line is that if you are looking for the most protection, go for the otter box. Otherwise the Seidio case is cheaper and feels better and does offer some protection. Otterbox Commuter Case for the Motorola Droid [Retail Packaging]

I got my Otterbox last Wednesday and have had it on my phone for about a week now...



Honestly, this is the best cell phone case I've ever seen, or owned for that matter. The fit and finish are perfect, very snug and very secure. The rounded corners and the high quality materials used in construction give the phone a great 'finished' feel, very solid. The power/sleep, volume and camera buttons all line up perfectly and make them much easier to use, especially the power/sleep. The covered ports are lined up dead on as well and do a great job of keeping dust and dirt out. The slider works flawlessly and is not hindered at all by the case... It slides open smooth and clicks back into place perfectly. Both the top and bottom pieces fit snug and secure; no issues at all with either feeling loose or coming off. Both feel like an integrated part of the phone.



Essentially, I love this case... highly recommended.

What a disappointment. After only a few weeks, the top piece of this case cracked with only a small amount of pressure. Below is the email I received from customer support. Needless to say, I would have thought Otter box would have pulled the product after this sort of thing was discovered. I grew up in Ft Collins and have always loved otterbox, this has seriously made me question buying one of their products EVER again.



OtterBox® has been diligently investigating our Commuter Series® case for the DROID/Milestone by Motorola. Some customers were experiencing case breakage around the top of the case, even after receiving replacement units. Following the evaluation of several devices we have found that those released over the past 2-3 months, after the design of our case, have variability in the top touchscreen portion of the device. Due to estimated industry lifecycle statistics, OtterBox will not be making changes to our case design. If you would like a refund we would be happy to accommodate you. We appreciate your understanding, and apologize for any inconvenience.



To proceed with a refund, please print this e-mail and send along with the damaged case to:



Otter Products, LLC

1 Old Town Square

Suite 301

Fort Collins, CO 80524



Please also include your full name, mailing address and phone number for us to process the refund.

When I first bought my droid, I needed a case and the only case they had in the Verizon store was the BODY GLOVE. It was a terrible case. Made my phone feel flimsy but it was actually the case that was moving around whenever I would slide open the keyboard.



I just got the Otterbox, and it is AWESOME. It is really sleek so my phone doesn't feel as bulky like it did with the old case. I loved that it CAME with a Screen Protector. It went on really smoothly and there aren't any bubbles in the screen. I also love that the Otterbox has rubber coverings for the headphone jack and charger jack because I find they can get really gunked up with dust and such. I also like the Rubber parts that are for the buttons on the outside of the phone-- Volume, Camera, and Power. I had a hard time getting to these buttons before, but with the rubber cover, they are really accessible.



Overall, this case is FANTASTIC. It fits so well, it doesn't even seem like there's a case on it. I would recommend it to everyone.

The backing of this phone cover is excellent. I love it's smooth finish and protective cover. The face plate however is a COMPLETE FAIL! I had to send back the first one because it wouldn't stay on the phone. It kept spinging off every 10 seconds. They did offer a complete exchange quite rapidly and the new face cover fit much better...for a week or so. Now I am having the same issue. It simply will not stay on the phone to save my life. Complete fail and waste of money. - Otterbox - Droid - Case - Motorola Droid'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information