Sunday 27 February 2011

Garmin Accessories - gps, garmin nuvi


Got what I expected for a good price. When it arrived, I was surprised how light the package was and wondered about the quality. However it all has worked flawlessly. The AC charger is very handy to charge it up before a trip, or for a walking trip. The car charger is a back-up. You should be aware that when you use it, you loose the traffic feedback for the NUVI 1350 since the FM receiver is integrated into the original car charger and it is not included in the one that comes with this package. But the price is right! For Garmin Nuvi 1300 1350 1350T Portable Travel USB 12V Plug-in Car Charger + Home Wall AC Charger Combo Bundle Package

I bought this so I would have another car charger for my Garmin nuvi 1390. My Garmin gets its power from a standard USB Mini which both the car charger and wall AC charger provide.



When I plugged my Garmin into the car charger my Garmin nuvi 1390 thought it was connected to a computer at first. It then figured it out and came on. While that would be a little annoying it's not the real problem.



When I had my Garmin plugged into the car adapter it would run for a few minutes,then it would go off, then come back on for a few minutes, then go off, then come back on ... Anyway you get the picture.



I haven't decided if I'm going to try to return. The shipping cost more than the item did.



I wish I could give it no stars.

On the plus side, product was received in a very timely manner, and was exaclty as pictured.



Unfortunately, these are NOT Garmin chargers. These are USB chargers. When used with the Garmin Nuvi, all they do is cause the Nuvi to cycle through the computer syncing mode over and over. The battery does not charge, and you cannot use the Nuvi to navigate.



I have contacted the seller but have not heard back from them. If you have a USB phone or other device that does charge using a USB port delivering USB voltage, then these items will have other uses around your home.



But if, like me, you wanted to be able to charge and program your Nuvi at home, and have a spare 12V cord for a second vehicle, DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM.

i took this to mean they would function the same as the stock power supplies...however they do not...they put my nuvi into an endless loop of rebooting...after several hours of this it is charged but strictly charging is not what i bought this for...i am very disappointed that it doesn't work as advertised and would not advise anyone to buy these to use with a nuvi.

So far after 6 months I've had no issues with this combo unit. We can now charge the Garmin in the house and in the car. I prefer the AC as it's a lot quicker. It's very handy to carry along on trips.

I also am getting another windshield mount so this spare cable and car charger will allow me to keep two vehicles ready for the the GPS. Highly recommend this cable and spare car charger even if you don't plan to use it as I am.

This was a great value buy, and it provided me the oppurtunity to keep this set in my luggage when I travel. I often forget these when I pack in a hurry and now I don't have to think about it. The products work great!!! - Garmin - Gps - Garmin Nuvi - Garmin Nuvi 1350t'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information