Thursday 30 April 2009

2009 Amazon Frustration-fre - trimmer, mustache trimmer


I have been using a Wahl beard trimmer for nearly 6 years. It finally started to show its age and I went looking for a new one. I tried Remington brand, and they just did not work for me. I have very thick, stubborn hair and the Remmington's blades did not get close enough to my skin to get the hairs I wanted. So I went back to what I knew worked, and re-ordered a new Wahl Beard Trimmer. This one is very similar to my old one, except a few new things. There are more blade guards than before, and the clipper setting now has 6 stages instead of 5. Otherwise, the trimmer is the same.



And that is a good thing. Immediately, the new Wahl made a difference and I am very happy with the results. The reason why Wahl is so much better than anything else (including the Remington) is that the blades that move back and forth as so much closer the to the guard teeth that you can see the difference. Go to a store and look...you can see the difference between this trimmer and other brands. The Wahl will always cut closer and better. There is no other brand I would recommend - Wahl trimmers are simply the highest quality you can find in this price range that give the closest trim on your face.

Pros:



Price.

Charges quickly, and stays charged afterward for some time.

Gives a great trim, nice and neat and no pulling. Has all the attachments you'll ever need.

Easy to maintain and clean up.



Cons:



Attachment system could be a little better, a little tough to get on and off without some practice. They do work great and are easy to use once on, however.



Bottom line:



Great trimmer for a great price, you can't go wrong here. Can use it with the cord or without and works great either way, this thing will last you forever. I'm really happy I picked this one up out of the crowd of trimmers I looked at.

For the cheap cost of this trimmer, you can't go wrong! I love it, the battery lasts long, it comes with tons of clips and the one adjustable 5 setting clip and it's a very nice package for it's price. Very comfy and a nice grip, I look forward to trimming now that I have this wonderful trimmer in my life. I really don't think you can go wrong with this purchase!



P.S. I buy a lot of stuff at amazon.com and I NEVER review it, I suppose it's cause I think it's "too out of the way" to do, but I love this product so much that it was time to change that!

The Wahl Groomsman is a solidly built trimmer, but the plastic attachments are not. I used this trimmer for my beard 3 times before the plastic guide broke and fell off. I could not correct the angle in time and now have no beard! (I guess I won't be needing the trimmer after all!)



Buyer beware! This is NOT the Wahl product you remember!

This is a very good electric razor/trimmer. I was hoping to use it to maintain a stubble look. Unfortunately, the stubble guide keeps my stubble a bit too long for my taste. And just using the razor keeps the stubble a bit too short. If you're looking for a razor that will maintain a "2-day look," this is not it.

It is good only for complete shaving not for trimming.The attachments are so delicate and loose that they may drop in the middle of your trimming process ending you with bald patches.Earlier I had the panasonic trimmer which was quite good with trimming adjustment fixed by sliding above the blade,so no chance of dropping of.

This trimmer works as advertised: powerful, easily adjustable, lasts FOREVER on a single charge and very easy to use. I have had it for just over a month and use it about twice a week.

I couldn't have asked for more from this kind of product.

No complaints about the trimmer itself -- it is effective and easy to use. But the attachments are flimsy and you have to get the knack for shoving them on and taking them off. No instructions are provided for this. As a result I broke one attachment and had to order a new one from Wahl, which cost$5.99 plus and unconscionable $9.99 for shipping! Still the clipper is better than the last one I had.

I bought this not too long ago to replace an old norelco trimmer. This wahl one looked good, but it had too many problems. First, I could not get the attachments on or off. It shouldn't be that complicated. More importantly, this trimmer hurts. It would catch the hair and not cut it evenly. Very disappointed and a waste of money. Back to the Norelco.

First the good things-

1) sharp blades and the cutting edge is close to the skin surface.

2) ability to operate with the cord connected.



The Bad -

The construction (and yes, have no doubts, it is Made in China) is so bad. Though the trimmer feels solid, if you look at the edges, you will see the ugly finish of the product. The plastic with which the guides have been made is not that flimsy(though i dont mean it is sturdy); but the way they have designed the insertion mechanisms and the length selector mechanism is so mindless that the plastic guide will break eventually, like mine did. It is so hard to fix the guide on to the trimmer; and once you fix it, if you want to take it out, you have to use so much force that you will fear if it would break.

The stubble guide also has the same story. I actually injured myself trying to get the thing from the trimmer. It is so damn hard to take it out once you put it in.



I wonder why would they make it this way. Once you break the guide or the beard regulator attachments, the thing is rendered useless. So, why dont they improve the locking mechanisms and improve the quality of the plastic used??? I would strongly advice to try some other brands who give a little more importance to quality and put some thinking into the product!

Ha, the bag is a joke; well, not much complaints here because i dont intend to keep it in a bag.

Then the noise - it IS loud. After using it around your sideburns area, and once you switch it off, you will hear the beauty of silence! But not much complaints here too, because, i think it is standard with trimmers though may not be as noisy as this one.

People say for 20$, you cannot expect much!! Give a little more respect to your hard earned money! Thats all... - Wahl - Mens Grooming - Mustache Trimmer - Trimmer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information