Monday 27 April 2009

Gymboss - gymboss, interval training


This item is wonderfully functional. First, it is the perfect size as it is small, but the screen is big enough so that I can read the numbers at arm's length. It also lets you know when your intervals are done quite well. When I run with headphones, I use the vibrate mode and it is enough for me to notice. When I am working out inside with loud music, I am able to hear its audible warning. I am surprised by it durability. I have had the Gymboss for a two months now and it has already fallen from my hand on my bike (I was setting and riding) and once it feel into a puddle and it still works great.



The instructions aren't that great the first time you program it, so you may have to go to the gymboss website, but after the first try it is intuitive. Also, I worried when the shipping window was a few weeks out, but I got my timer in 4 business days.



This timer does everything I need it to. Gymboss CAMO SOFTCOAT

I was worried when I received the invoice saying that it could take up to a month to arrive, but I shouldn't have worried: it came three days later via first class mail. It's much smaller than I expected--I guess I thought it'd be the size of a pager, but it's almost half the size, which is great. It takes one AAA battery, which isn't included. The instructions are clear and once you play with it it becomes very self-explanatory (easier to program than, say, a digital watch). The camo softcoat is great; I don't want to be bedecked in pink when I'm out running, so this is right up my alley.



The only reason this didn't get more stars for me is that I find the "vibrate" option WAY too low. I run on the sidewalks in a city, so granted, I'm probably getting a little more shock/vibration with my stride than someone running on a softer surface, but I couldn't even feel it clipped to my waistband, even when I set it to a longer 5-second pulse. It's ok, because the "loud" option (there's a "loud" and "regular" beep) is more than adequate, it just makes people look at me when it goes off as I'm passing. ;) Eh.



3.5 stars. For the price, let's just hope it's durable!

It has helped me stay focused and get interval workouts done quickly and efficiently. I've got a busy life and it's hard to fit in gym time. This thing helps me jump up in the morning, warm up and get a good cardio sweat going so I don't feel like a lazy slug the rest of the day. I had bought two and the other had the battery case kept falling open so I threw it away. I wouldn't say it's a polished piece of electronics, but it is sturdy and does what it should. - Gymboss - Interval Training'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • gymboss
  • ,
  • interval training