Saturday 25 April 2009

Digital Photography - cell phone accessories, digital photography


If you understand what you're getting with this product then, in my opinion, it has a very good quality to value product. Firstly, you're getting a number of sheets of clear, thin film, protector. It's a universal protector so it's supposed to fit a number of different products. The result of which is that you need a pair of scissors to cut the sheet to fit the screen on your phone, digi-cam, what-have-you. I didn't find it a big deal with a pair of reasonable steady hands to cut the sheet (so don't drink that 4-shot espresso drink before doing it). I also didn't have a hard time figuring out what size to cut with the grid lines for a guide. I applied this to my cell phone. Installation was as easy or hard as any other protector of this type where you have to roll it on while you squeege with the card simulateously to get the bubbles out. If you've done it a couple of times, then not a big deal. If it's the first time you've ever done this, it may take some practice. The only complaint I would have is that the card board squeege card is not the best. My technique is to use a plastic card like my Costco card and wrap a piece of tshirt cloth around it so the edge doesn't pre-scratch the film (but, even if I just used a bare card it's ok with this product...see next paragraph).



Once installed, there's likely to be a few small bubbles (depending on your skill) left over. Again, this is similar to other products that are similar. You can only really see them when the screen isn't illuminated. I can't see them when my screen is on. If you're expecting a screen protector that is completely bubble-less, then you will be disappointed (however, what do you expect for the price). However, if you know that you'll get a few and they aren't noticeable when you're actually using the screen, then no big deal. The one nice thing about this product in comparison to others is that the screen protector has two peel-away sides. First, you peel away the side that's going to stick to the screen. Then, after it's on your screen, you peel away the second throw-away side and you're left with the actual screen protector. The nice thing about this is that while you're squeeging away, you're not pre-scratching the screen protector itself. Other products of the same ilk do not have this second peel away/throw away side. Very nice I think.



Another thing is that if you're expecting not to have to replace the film occasionally, then you will again be disappointed. But, again, see price. Personally, I purchased it expecting to replace the film occasionally because it gets scratched up or begins peeling significantly. But, that's why I purchased the multi-pack. Also, I can get two cut-outs for my cell from a single sheet so double the amount of sheets in the pack (20 screen protectors for my phone).



So, overall, if you know what you're buying, I think it's a very good product with the right price. It's exactly what I expected. ScreenWhiz Universal Cell Phone Screen Protector 10-pack - Apple iPhone / Blackberry / HTC / Samsung / LG / Motorola / Nokia

I've used both these and the Fellowes 90002 Writeright Universal Screen Protectors. I prefer these. The Fellowes has two layers: The screen protector and a backing sheet, with the cutting guide printed on the backing sheet. The Screen Whizz uses a three layer system...a clear backing sheet, the screen protector layer, and then a top layer with the imprinted cutting guide. The top layer is removed after the screen protector is stuck down. Because the Screen Whizz has the removable top layer, it can be made thinner...it certainly feels like the actual screen protector is thinner than the Fellowes protector. My touch sensitive devices seem to work better with the thinner material.

works great was easy to use and great direction. would recommend if you have a touch screen phone or anything touch screen since you can taylor fit ir to fit most screens. will buy again once i run out of the ones i got. this is easy to change once old one gets all dirty. protector doesnt scratch easily just gets dirty so thats why i change min which isnt often comes with cleaning cloth so that is good. great product.

Each individual screen protector is already quite a bit scratched up. The pull tab sticks to the screen protector leaving half of it on the protector after installation. I went through 4 of them just to get a decent one. The red from the top of the protector left small red dots on the back, so I could see them on my phone screen. Also the backs of the ones I went through had black streaks going through them. I finally managed to get one on that was fairly decent, but has quite a few bubbles in it that the squeegee card won't get out and using it SCRATCHES the protector more than they already are. I can't say they are worth the money I payed, and I am sorely disappointed.

Good price for the amount you get (10). Easy to apply and they have the extra removable top film to protect the screen-protector itself while you're applying it to the device. I have ordered these several times and I'm very happy with them. - Cell Phone Accessories - Digital Camera - Screen Protectors - Digital Photography'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • digital camera
  • ,
  • screen protectors
  • ,
  • cell phone accessories
  • ,
  • digital photography