Wednesday 29 April 2009

Designer Inspired - women, travel


I purchased this bag from another retailer just on a whim. I am pleased with the size and style. It is large enough for my 15 inch laptop with padding on that side of the bag and still leaves room for lunch, files, shoes etc. I particularly like the side accessory pocket and the fact that the bag zips shut. It is neither too small nor too large. It has the side pocket that can be used for a drink or small umbrella. The straps are neither too long nor too short; long enough to go over my shoulder and short enough that it is comfortable to carry in my hand without fearing the bag will drag the ground. Makes a great bag for taking things to/from work and would be very good as a carryon bag when traveling. The weight of the bag is good too; light-weight but still substantial and does not add unnecessary weight. I recommend this bag. High Sierra Shelby Tote (Black )

I commute to work on the subway everyday, so I was looking for a bag that could stand up to that type of punishment, plus be fairly compact so it doesn't take up a lot of space when the trains get crowded. This bag meets all of those requirments. The straps fit easily over my shoulders and don't slip off. The bag itself is lightweight and can fit my lunch, my laptop which is just shy of 16" (the bag has a section for your laptop, but I keep mine in a sleeve and the sleeve fits just fine), my ereader, and some work papers. Although the bag is lightweight, it appears to be very strong. I've been looking for a bag like this for a year and have gone through every incarnation -- from backpacks, tote bags, and even diaper bags, but this one is just great.

I read so many reviews trying to decide between the High Sierra bags, but ultimately went for the Shelby - will use it for carting school books back and forth from class/library/etc. There's a side pocket that fits my 13" MacBook Pro, though I bet it could probably fit a 15" laptop, maybe larger. It's big enough for my books or for traveling but not monstrous. The bottom isn't hard - it won't stand on its own - but that doesn't bother me. The top zippers shut, which is super helpful. Overall, it's cute, good quality, and I'm excited to start using it. - Totes - Travel - Bag - Women'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information