Thursday 30 April 2009

Lawn Equipment - anti-fog, eye protection


I purchased the Dewalt DPG55-11C Clear Anti-Fog Protective Safety Glasses with Dual-Injected Rubber Frame and Temples for eye protection in the OR. I am a 4th year medical student and was constantly struggling to find a pair of protective eyewear that would prevent anything from splashing into my eyes, not fog up, and be comfortable to wear for the 10-12 hour surgeries I was scrubbing in on. These glasses provided all that and stayed put without sliding down my nose. I wish I had found these glasses sooner. Dewalt DPG55-11C Clear Anti-Fog Protective Safety Glasses with Dual-Injected Rubber Frame and Temples

The lenses are optically clear and the frame very stout. The temples adjust well for larger heads and the nose rest has a natural feeling. The glasses rest comfortbly on your head like a quality pair of Oakley sunglasses..

I have been using these glasses when using my trimmer, and they are very comfortable. All the adjustments allow for a great fit and the soft material that rests on the nose and touches the brow provides comfortable support without slipping. In Hawaii it can get a bit humid which gave me a chance to test the anti-fog feature, which has passed with flying colors. I would only recommend that one clean them with soap and water and then let them dry, and not use a cloth or paper of any kind to rub the lenses. Then you will end up with a scratch free surface that should last a long time.

I purchased these glasses because I currently have a similar pair made by 3M that I was having a severe problem with them fogging up especially when using any kind of a respirator. Tried these out on some auto body work during the sanding process and I am greatly satisfied to say that with these glasses I no longer had any fogging issues. The other pair was bad enough that I would even wear any eye protection which is a mistake so I got these to replace them. Very lightweight and comfortable, the nose set is adjustable so you can adjust the way they fit for comfort. My only complaint is as with any of this style of glasses that the protection is moderate at best. There is a considerable gap underneath the lenses that will allow small debris to enter in. If safety is your number one priority get the goggle type glasses, personally, I find those uncomfortable and quite dorky looking to say the least but hey to each his own. Would highly recommend this pair!

This is the best protective goggle I have had. I use it at work (as an EMT). They fit perfectly and are not ugly lab types but at the same time professional. what I like the most is the many adjustments you can make to make the glasses sit exactly where you want on your face. definitely a must have! - Anti-fog - Dewalt - Eye Protection - Eye Saftey'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information