Tuesday 28 April 2009

Printer Ink - hp 94 black, ink cartridge


I received these ink cartridges but they are not as shown in picture. They are not in fact "original HP ink cartridges". They are just generic cartridges and refurbished. Wouldn't HP cartridges say "HP" on them? Well, these don't. So what they are advertising as "original" does not appear to be true. I saw generic cartridges, refurbished, for a lower cost elsewhere on Amazon. I paid extra for these because I thought they were original HP cartridges, but they don't appear to be. HP 94/95 Ink Cartridges, Combo Pack

I didn't have any trouble inserting the color cartridge (don't need to put the black one in yet) so ease of insertion is a plus. I have printed using fast economical print setting and the picture has been pretty bright.



I wonder why it looked like some ink splattered around where the cartridge goes. But it didn't seem to mess anything up. I think the splatter was there already but I have never used anything but HP cartridges.



It was handy to get it in the mail and it came faster than promised!

I have always preferred MFG inks because as a whole, they work fine. They are usually the most expensive, but you can save hassle of ink spills and going back to somewhere to return low grade off brand products.



Some people report success and savings with off brand cartridges, and to have their testimonial carry any weight would really only matter if you have the same printer series and use the same ink cartridge model.



Most HP consumer inkjet printers will not be damaged if you try an aftermarket or refilled ink cartridge because the print heads are on the cartridge, and will be replaced each time. This is also what makes them a little more compared to, say a Canon ink cartridge because you replace the heads separately, sometimes for $50. (The 02 series of inks are the first exception that comes to mind.) If you really need to save the cash, go ahead and try the off brand types, or refill kits. If you just want your printer to work, get these because they are cheaper than almost any retail store (except maybe costco when they have coupons). If you try the off brand inks, the worst case scenario I can imagine is the ink could leak or spill inside the printer causing a messy cleanup. But again, I have never tried because I have seen the mess and wasted time caused by after market inks while working at a big box consumer computer repair center and it didn't seem worth saving just a few dollars when I only replace my cartridges 2 or 3 times a year. I only buy HP and my 3 personal printers I've owned never failed HP PSC750, PSC2355 and PSC2610. These inks are for the PSC2355.

This is more a rating of the vendor than of the product itself as, after all it is ink. The cartridges were new, as advertised, and worked as expected.



What is important is the vendor, k_awsome1, on Amazon Marketplace. The shipping response from this seller was extremely fast, accurate and, coupling this with the outstanding price, brings a well deserved 5 star rating. I will definitely shop here for ink again in the future and I highly recommend this site to everyone looking for ink cargridges. - 95 - C8766wn - Ink Cartridge - Hp 94 Black'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information