Wednesday 29 April 2009

African American - african american, street lit


After finding her boyfriend, Terrance in bed with another woman, Vicki Holiday decides that she will not accept nor forgive him. So she decides to break the relationship off. Unfortunately, Terrance does not accept the fact that Vicki does not want anything more to do with him.



Terrance soon realizes that old saying "you don't know what you got, until it's gone" is so true. He wants Vicki back and he will stop at nothing to have a second chance with her. He begins by following Vicki around, stalking her, sitting outside her house, spying on her and her friends, he even vandalizes her property and threatens any man that comes near her. Terrance adapts the mindset that, if he can not have her, nobody will!



EX-BOYFRIEND by Teresa D. Patterson was a page-turner. The story flowed nicely. Despite it being a page-turner, I would have liked to see more development and suspense with the story and its characters. I also felt as though there could have been more action within the story. All this said I really enjoy reading Ms. Patterson`s novels. My favorite novel to date by Ms. Patterson is PROJECT QUEEN, that book was a definite five star read! I eagerly anticipate reading more by Ms. Patterson.



Reviewed by Leona

Urban Fire Books

[...] Ex-boyfriend

Terrence James is in love with Vicky Holiday. The only problem is that they are broken up, a detail that Terrence refuses to admit. Terrence has always been the forgotten child, abandoned by his mother; Terrance refuses to let Vicky leave him.





Vicky loves Terrance, but after walking in on him cheating on her in their bed, she refuses to take him back. Vicky is determined to move on with her life, minus Terrence. Terrence begins to follow Vicky, harass her, and even vandalizes her friends and her property. Vicky feels like the best way to get over one love is to find a new one.





Terrence learns some devastating news that will change his life forever. With the news and knowledge of Vicky's new friend it seems to be too much to handle, and in Terrence's eyes someone has to pay.





Patterson is a dynamic author. The story draws you from page one. Patterson touches on topics that are sometimes overlooked: incest and mental illness. Ex-boyfriend is a well-developed story, which is worth putting on your shelf.





Final Rating: 5 stars



Reviewed by Kim for

Readers In Motion Book Club

www.readerinmotionbookclub.ning.com

This book started off pretty good but then turned into very boring. Nothing really happened that wowed me. But it wont stop me from buying other books from her. I heard she is a pretty good writer so I'll keep supporting her!

I'm glad that I bought this book for 0.99 on kindle. The story line could of been much better than what it was. It was straight up boring to me and I couldn't understand some of the actions of the characters.(Gary,Vicki). I read a book by Da'Neen Hale and Kia Dupree call Possession that dealt with the same thing. That book was really good.

I loved reading this book! I felt like I really got to know the characters and they were all (well...mostly) likable even with their flaws. However, I must say that the book ended a bit abruptly. I really hope there is a sequel in the works as Terrance, Tenesha, Gary and Vicki seem to have so much more to say.

I was surprised that this author had another book out so quickly, but glad. She is really doing her thing.



Ex-boyfriend was a different read, but intriguing all the way through. Once again, I picked up another book that I couldn't put down. I read this one while at work and kept looking around to make sure my supervisor wouldn't catch me.



Vicki Holiday has an ex-boyfriend, Terrence James, who won't leave her alone. She broke up with him after catching him in bed with Tenesha, a ghetto, project chick with a serious attitude.



Even though Terrence is forced to be with Tenesha because of circumstances, he is still obsessed with Vicki. He watches her every move, sits outside her apartment, spies on her friends and follows her around. His obsession escalates into pure rage when he thinks she's dating a new man. He confronts the man and even shows up at their dinner date and turns over the table.



Terrence goes through a major transition. The reader gets to see another side of him when they learn about his upbringing, childhood issues and a shocking family secret.



I think that the ending leaves an opening for a part two. (I hope so.) I'd like to know more about Terrence, his mother, and even Tenesha.



Even though I didn't fall in love with any of the characters, all of them had characteristics that I could relate to. I'd recommend this book to all who love a fast-past, drama-filled read with some hot sex scenes that are not too vulgar.



Author Teresa D. Patterson has a very creative imagination and I'm looking forward to reading more books by her.

In Ex-boyfriend,it introduces us to Vicki who works as a forms processor at an insurance company.Terrance is Vicki's ex-boyfriend.He cheated on Vicki and she refuses to take him back.He stalks her and still behaves as if they will be together.Will Vicki give in or will she put an end to Terrance's crazy behavior.Even though the book moved at a fast pace,I felt there wasn't enough character development.There wasn't any major drama happening in the book.The main character mostly went to work or back home and Terrance watched her from afar or blew her phone up.The book lacked any real excitement and twists.I thought the book was just okay.



Reviewed by nicole098

Street Lit Clique

streetlitclique.ning.com - African-america - Street Lit - Street Hot - African American'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information