Sunday 26 April 2009

Tag Heuer - tag heuer, dress watches


I just received the TAG Heuer Men's Grand Carrera Calibre 6 as a birthday gift. I have to tell you that as a long time fan of the TAG brand, i am very impressed with this watch. This is a good alternative to the "sport" heavy TAG watch with stopwatch functionality. The glass cover seems huge and highlights some great three-dimensional design features on the face of the watch. I am also a fan of the "second-hand" rotating disc. It is definitely different than a simple second hand, and adds a real stylistic element to the watch that catches people's eyes. I've been wearing TAG watches for 22 years now and this is an excellent watch that can be used both as a casual watch and a dressy/classy accessory.



Additionally, the Calibre 6 is slightly lighter (with a smaller face) than the Calibre 8. It is also several hundred dollars less expensive. So, if you're looking to get into the Grand Carerra collection, than this is the watch for you. TAG Heuer Men's WAV511A.BA0900 Grand Carrera Automatic Calibre 6 RS Watch

Purchased this watch directly from Amazon, so I felt good about the integrity and the warranty of the product. Item arrived in a genuine Tag Heuer box with orignal papers and cards. The watch has a classic refinement and beauty that wears well for multiple occasions. The rotating disc certainly adds a distinctive syle that separates it from others. I get compliments on this piece.



So far, the watch has performed extremely well. Haven't had any loss or gain in time. It has been right on the money as a COSC certified watch should be. The power reserve is stated at 42 hours and falls close to this. Very pleased with this purchase.

The whole experience has been great until I saw the watch -- the dial color is BLACK! If I knew it is black I would have ordered the white one (WAV511B.BA0900). Don't get me wrong, black dial doesn't look bad. But it is just that when you spend this much money on the watch you do expect it to be perfect. I did some research on the internet after I received the watch and didn't find a blue dial version of this model. I guess I will have to return it and order the white one instead. I will give a follow up review about the returning process.

I bought this exact same watch at Ben Bridge Jewelers for $3700.00. Luckily, I had enough sense to search Amazon before picking up the watch from Ben Bridge. I saved $1,500 by buying through Amazon. It can only be sized by a retailer of Tag's or Rolex, so call around before taking it to your local lower end jewelry store.

I was excited when the Tag watch is delivered via UPS & received. This is my first Tag watch and first purchase from Amazon. I was promoting this to my friend's.



Unfortunately, the watch is the stolen from the checked in baggage on it's way back from Cleveland to Singapore. The airline is pushing the responsibility of this theft matter and TSA is not responsive to claim of lost item.



I am very sad to lost this valuable watch due to act of theft. I hope Amazon can help me to claim from TSA.



A sad buyer,

Ho Howe Tian

Singapore

This was my first luxury watch purchase after doing tons of research.



Likes:

-timeless design/face, attention to detail on the dial, black face makes the hands and markers really punchy

-rotating disc is unique

-exposed back for the gears is a nice touch

-not too thick, keeps it from getting caught in tighter fitting dress shirts

-holds value well apparently, I bought it for $2,100 on amazon in Dec 2009, now its $2,600



Dislikes:

-low power reserve (i think the longest that its gone was about 1.5 days)

-dropped a few times from my dressor (one day the hands fell off...) - although Amazon had free repairs at a certified jeweler and they recalibrated the watch too so its even more accurate



Overall, great starter watch. Would give it 5 stars, if not for the durability...I would expect something a little more durable for $2-3k watch. - Tag Heuer - Dress Watches - Grand Carrera - Tag Watch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information