Monday 27 April 2009

Kindle 2 Leather Cover - kindle covers, leather kindle cover


Purchased this for my Kindle 2. I travel every week and I wanted a protective case that was comfortable and gave my Kindle a more book-like feeling. The case definitely accomplishes those things. The leather is high quality and very smooth. The front cover folds back easily behind the Kindle making it very easy to hold. The hinge locks are metal and so far have been very durable.

The business card holder is a nice touch as if I were to ever leave my Kindle on a plane, I would hope that someone would return my Kindle to me.



My only complaint is that it is not worth the $99 dollar price tag, when the $30 version from m-edge provides a higher value. My wife has the m-edge version which is a cheaper price and provides a corner flap for extra security. While the business card holder is nice, it prevents the cover from laying completely flush.



I am definitely happy with the case and its overall quality. I probably would not buy it again as there are two nice alternatives from m-edge and octovo. Cole Haan Hand-Stained Smooth Leather Kindle Cover with Hinge (Fits 6" Display, 2nd Generation Kindle), Dark Brown

This cover is gorgeous -- smooth, soft, unblemished leather -- and I thought it would be perfect. But the cover simply did not fit the Kindle correctly. I tried two of them before I gave up, and they both had the same problem (though to Amazon's credit, the exchange and the subsequent return processes were smooth and easy). When I inserted the Kindle in the hinge system, the Kindle did not rest flat against the back cover; the right edge of the Kindle stuck up in the air about 1/3 inch, cantilevered out from the hinges. If I pressed down on the Kindle, it might have laid flat against the back cover temporarily, but after reading of other Kindle owners' problems with their cases cracking (using other covers, not this one), I was not interested in subjecting my Kindle to any more stress than necessary at the hinge connector points. So I've returned it. It's too bad, because I really wanted to love this cover!

I had initially thought I would just get a cover to protect the Kindle when I travel with it, as I had not been interested in spending the money for a leather cover. I read the reviews of the Kindle covers, which were very helpful and convinced me to get one in leather. The ones I had seen were black or colors that weren't my favorite. Much to my delight, the dark brown cover was there to choose from, and I love it. It is elegant. I like the feel and smell of it, as well as the ability to use it like a book or fold it back. It is held securely in the cover, which gives me more to hold when reading it, and I'm not concerned about it sliding away or getting scratched. I would recommend it highly.

I decided to purchase this rather extravagent "Kindle cover" by Cole Haan because I wanted something more than just "the basic" cover. I am very pleased with my decision. The Cole Haan leather cover is beautiful; the leather is as soft as butter and the interior is a fine suede. My Kindle is a fantastic investment and I wanted a cover that was as fantastic. True, it's a bit pricey, but hey, I wanted the best for my Kindle (which I think is the best, too!!). No regrets.

I bought one of these to go with a Kindle I bought my husband for Christmas. It looks and feels beautiful and he really prefers this smooth grain over the regular Kindle cover. That being said, think about how you would use this before you decide to put up the extra money. The leather is soft and smooth more like a fine wallet, not rugged like a briefcase. If you aren't careful with it, it will scratch. Personally, I don't think the small scratches on my husband's case detract from the beauty of the leather. It also protects the Kindle well and keeps it firmly in place, while providing the extra bonus of creating a more book-like feel. The cover can be folded back like a real book and even the texture on the inside flap is very nice. We are very happy to have splurged a little on this and would certainly buy it again.

This is a awesome, study, beautiful cover. Snagged it while on sale for $49.99. A deal - much nicer and less original than the Amazon leather covers that everyone has.



High quality leather, will age beautifully - smells great - soft luscious suede inside.



Absolutely no problems inserting the Kindle into the cover, went right in easily. Put bottom one on first, then the top hook. Its a cinch. If you try top first, then bottom, you might have to struggle.



First one came with a scuff on it, Amazon immediately over-nightened a new one that was perfect for me in exchange.



I love Amazon.Com - and I am very happy with my Kindle cover.

My wife and I are huge Cole Haan fans. I was excited when this was finally released and purchased it immediately. This cover is easily the most beautiful and best fitting one available. Cole Haan uses the best leather out there and it ages wonderfully. The reason why I am giving it only 1 star is that this cover actually causes my Kindle to malfunction. I know, it sounds crazy, but my Kindle started freezing and failing to wake up. After calling customer support, I was told that a small number of customers have reported the same exact symptoms, and all of them had the Cole Haan covers. Dubious, I did a quick Internet search and found others reporting the same problem. To my own shock, when I removed the cover, the freezing went away. Customer Service happily refunded the cost of my cover. Buyer beware. - Kindle Covers - Leather Kindle Cover - Kindle Accessory - Kindle 2 Leather Cover'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information