Monday 27 April 2009

Keyboard Shield - case, phone case


To be brief, this is a heavier-than-usual silicone case. It's textured to make it easy to grip, and with thicker corners that act as bumpers. There's also a clear adhesive screen protector that prevents scratching. OtterBox makes fancier cases, but this one guards against the most common problem for me: dropping the phone. This case is heavy enough to pad the phone from a fall, and still thin enough to allow it all to fit in my pocket. The little holes over microphone, earphone, camera lens, and jacks all stay in place -- I've had no problems hearing through the phone.



Overall, for an inexpensive but well made case, this is a good one. OtterBox Impact Case for BlackBerry Curve 8520 (Black)

The case itself is great... it is exactly like the description. definitely worth the $13 I paid for it. the case is durable, and does not slip out of your hand like hard cases. but, it slides into your pockets unlike most silicon cases... so its kinda like a great in between product



the one major negative is that my screen cover came with fingerprints and scratches on it... it was almost as if someone had tried to use it, wasnt successful, returned it to amazon, and then amazon sent it to me... i was pretty ticked about it... but like i said, the case is great... the screen cover wasnt

Ok, so its similiar to most skins on the market, BUT this product has already saved my phone from a short death twice today (I tend to drop my phone alot). It is simple to install and the screen protector is perfect (easy to apply and small enough to not be noticed)

I love this product and would recommend it anyone with a blackberry curve 8520. Protect your investment and get this case!

My husband has an Otterbox Impact case for his iPhone, and it's a nice case. So when I decided to get one for my Verizon Curve 8530, I knew I wanted the Otterbox Impact for it. The case fit is nice and snug, but if you need to take it off it's easy to do. Just stretch to bottom down and pull it back. The rubber part fits way better than a cheap silicone case, looks better, and is more padded for more drop protection. It's easy to get dirt off of it too which is nice. The screen protector is very nice, and I had no trouble at all putting it on. I cleaned my screen first with a damp, soapy paper towel to get any oils off. Then made sure it was dry. I started applying the screen protector at the left side of the screen and used the included card to press it down a little at a time moving toward the right side of the screen. It sealed prefectly with no bubbles.



The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that it doesn't protect the flat control keys at the bottom of the screen (the call, BB menu, back, and power buttons), and they seem easy to scratch. And when you swipe upward on the D-pad touch controller, you tend to swipe dirt up toward the bottom edge of the screen protector where it builds up over time. While that could be better, it's really no big deal for me.



I'm very happy with this case and would buy it again.

Pros:

Probably the best bang for the buck as far as cases goes for blackberry 8500 and 9300 series. I have this for a tmobile bb 9300 and fits perfectly. The buttons cover over the buttons are easy to press. No trouble hearing while on the phone. Top and bottom very tight and secure, will not peel off the case easily. Not as big as it seems in the pictures. Fits comfortably in the pocket.



Cons:

The sides are not very tight and flap easily, however the top and bottom are very tight and secure. The sides are ridged upa little more than i like and hinders pressing the keys on the sides. Not a big deal, just something you get used to. As with most silicon cases, it gets quite dirty when you have it in your pocket full of lint. Although it is easier than other silicon cases to slip into your pocket, its still not that easy. However, it might be great for women who may decide to put it in their purses.

Rubber case:

Installed and fit well.

Plastic screen protector:

Paper did not remove correctly / completly after installion.

It appeared to be dried out, and would not detach from clear plastic

I had to remove it, and caused some damage on my LCD screen.

Totally defeating the purpose of protection.

Now I realize why this was cheap.

This is a great case. Offeres much more protection than other silcone cases. Fits great on the phone and comes with a screen cover that is very easy to apply. If you're looking for a silicone case to add a little protection from bumps and small drops this is the case for you. If you are looking for something that offers even more protections, upgrade to the OtterBox Defender Case for BlackBerry 8520 (Black).

OtterBox cases, in my honest opinion, are just plain cool. That said, I was excited to know that having now bought a Blackberry Curve 8520, I would be able to buy an OtterBox for it and just plain enjoy it. What I'd liked about the OtterBox cases, up to this point, was that friends with iPhones and Blackberries swore by them to the point that purchasing a smart phone actually came with some peace of mind that the darn thing wouldn't break after a week. Some of these cases virtually waterproof your iPhone, for crying out loud. So, again, I was excited. Having now received my Impact Case, I am only slightly less excited. Like the moment of catharsis when you finally get to kiss that pretty girl you always liked, and are now pretty much just okay. Think the ending of "The Graduate." Okay, so now what? Well, here's what you can expect from this purchase. For starters, this case is NOT A HARDCASE AND DOES NOT WATERPROOF YOUR PHONE. That said, it does add a certain ruggedness to your phone and does, at least for me, give some peace of mind as to surviving random drops on the floor. I'd say you could drop it a good 4ft or so and be just fine. The corners of the case have the extra insulation which would help with drops, as well as the slightly protruding backside. In addition to that, the case is light -- since it is basically a rubber case, and comes with a perfectly cut screen protector for the phone. (Gotta protect that screen, too!) Overall, I consider this to be a bargain purchase, all things considered, and a solid entry-level case for an entry-level Blackberry. To add context, I paid $12.99 the day of my phone purchase for a BASIC soft plastic case at the store, while this OtterBox is two bucks more and comes with a screen protector and more shock protection. So. Yeah. Give it a try. It's pretty good. - Phone Case - Blackberry Accessories - Case - Blackberry'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information