Monday 27 April 2009

50 Inch Plasma - panasonic 50 inch plasma


Shipping was very fast, ordered on a Sunday received on following Friday with standard shipping. The picture quality is fantastic although whites could be a little better. The real drawback is the stand ,the stand is is horrific its very wobbly and doesn't support the unit hardly at all, I wall mounted this TV the following day but wanted to test it for a night before going through the trouble, I was afraid it was going to fall over.

Menus are easily navigated

Factory setting have too much Green and Red

Sound is decent

Once set up picture is outstanding

I bought this for $645 on Amazon with free super saving shipping LG 50PT350 50-Inch 720p Plasma HDTV

The delivery was A-1. The unit arrived in 1 week, and the delivery person brought it in to the living room and set it up, making sure it worked right out of the box.

The picture quality is good, though not as good as the 50 inch Toshiba plasma HDTV with a similar resolution I had purchased over 2,5 years ago. However, that one had cost twice the money as well. So all things considered, this is a good unit, I like the slim frame too. I don't know how long it will last of course, but for now I am pleased. I think it's worth the price and a techie buyer might improve on the quality by fiddling around controls. I am too much of a chicken to try, so the unit is functioning on the default factory settings. I had done some tweaking on my other TV, the Toshiba, and almost ruined the picture quality and took me a while to bring it up to par again, so am not experimenting with this one. With such good delivery and amazon's courteous return policy you can't go wrong, I'd say go for it. Good, basic, LARGE tv. Recommended.

A few cons:



1. It doesn't come with the 4 mounting screws you need if you are attaching this to a wall mount. I found that odd since the 42" LG I bought last year did come with the screws already attached.



2. The delivery guy just plopped it in my front entryway and didn't set it up. I don't have a problem doing it myself but it is pretty heavy and, again, the delivery included full set up with the 42" LG I bought last year. Also, I see one reviewer mentioned hers was set up for her so I'm not sure why mine wasn't.

I purchased my LG 3 weeks ago. I don't have HD service, but the picture is still fabulous. I an LCD and an LED and the plasma has the better picture. You'll want to get a surround sound since the small speakers leave much to be desired. This is a great TV for the price.

I purchased my LG 50PT350 on 08/30/11 and couldn't be happier! The picture is awesome... (much better than the LED's & LCD's out there). I can not believe the value! I purchased this tv for an incredible price. I am certain that I will continue to tweak around with things. However I am a happy consumer. Life is Good! - Panasonic 50 Inch Plasma'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information