Wednesday 29 April 2009

Camcorder Battery - sony, camcorder


I recently bought the HDR-SR11 and was recommended to buy this battery. The battery that comes with the camcorder is the FH-60, but that only lasts 96 minutes if you use it for continuous recording, and while using the viewfinder and not the lcd screen. On average, the stock battery only lasts about 40 minutes.



The FH-70 lasts up to about 150 minutes. It doesn't stick out the back of the camcorder (at least for my SR11), looks exactly like the stock FH-60 battery. The FH-70 usually lasts a whole day for me, and I use it to record basketball games, swimming, skateboarding, and everything in between. With both the FH-70 and stock FH-60, they should be able to last for a whole day of recording. Sony NPFH70 H Series Actiforce Hybrid InfoLithium Battery for most Sony Camcorders

For it's size, this battery packs a long charge. i now have two of them and use my sony Hard Disk video cam for wedding videos....and two of these batteries easily get me through long catholic ceremonies plus the entire reception and dance afterward.

Works exactly as advertised. Battery lasts over three hours on a full charge on my Sony High Def Hard Drive Camcorder (HDR-SR7). For reference, the standard battery that came with the camcorder (NP-FH60)lasts about an hour and a half. Both are referenced at continuous recording. They'll both last much longer if not used continuously. Overall I have to say that I am very satisfied with this product and would recommend it highly.

The only negative about this battery is the size of it -- larger than the one that came with the camera which makes it hard to fit it and the wires into my little camcorder bag.



It holds a long charge and I never ran it out yet. I took it on vacation and took lots of video. I did recharge every night but I probably didn't need to.

This Sony NPFH70 H Series Actiforce Hybrid InfoLithium Battery is truly Amazing. It was only on Sunday 23rd September that I used it on my Sony SODCRHC38 DCR-HC38 Mini DV Camcorder. I set the Camcorder to always remain on, and

filmed for 3hrs and still had 1hr and 20 min of life remaining on it. I did not use any external power. In the process I changed 3 mini DV 60 min cassettes. I have no regrets buying this Battery, it is worth every cent.

FYI, this NP-FH70 indicates 149 minicamcorder mode)) 211 min (photo mode), though it meets the claim in the package 3.5 hrs, however this is only for photo mode, not recording time, I did not buy NP-FH100 because it is too huge, and total recording time on default (NP-FH60 90 min) and this battery should be enough for a day's trip. it is up to your decision if you want carry 2 or 1(NP-FH100). I prefer to carry 2 batteriesD

Solid replacement, holds a good charge, worth several hours of recording time. My only issues with the battery are (1) if possible it is even bigger than the "factory" battery and (2) the "fit" is not quite perfectly tight on the camera. It is acceptable, but it doesn't seem to fully lock into place. This does not impact performance, but it doesn't feel solid.

The Sony NP-FH70 battery is well worth the investment. It provides 6.5 hours of record time with a Sony MiniDV camcorder. Amazon's price is a lot less than if you purchased it from any other vendor. Word from the wise, do not purchase those after market batteries made to replace the NP series batteries. The after market batteries require a piece of wire to conncet from the battery to the camcorders DC input in order to work with the camera. You will only save $10 over the Sony original but will be poked in the eye a bunch of times by the stinking wires. Also the aftermarket batteries do not display the battery time on the camera screen. So you have to guess when the battery will die. Sony did well with this product, though I wonder why stupid batteries are so damn expensive??????????????!!!!!!!!



Highly recommended



Nathan - Battery - Sony - Camcorder - Camcorder Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information