Wednesday 29 April 2009

Memory Case - card case, memory case


This is practically a vault for 4 SD cards. The external shell is robust kind of plastic that looks and feels like it could survive a good sized truck rolling over it. It is not advertised as water-resistant, but at least when it is new, this case looks like it would be moderately water-resistant for a few minutes at least.



The inside is another kind plastic, which is a bit spongey. The four recessed wells grasp the SD card and a thumb notch allows quick access.



Overall, the unit is just shy of a half-inch thick and has a reasonably sturdy hook attached.



In sum, this unit is overkill offering far more protection than your SD cards actually need. Is it a better product because of this? I think so, but others might find they prefer a unit that offers less protection made of more flexible material.



Jerry Hakuba DMSP-SD4 Plastic Case for Digital Memory

Works as advertised. Nice to have a padded case to store my SD cards, knowing they are safe from being damaged or lost. Bonus clip that I wasn't expecting. It wasn't shown in the original picture, although it appears to be there now.

The Hakuba DMSP-SD4 case is just what we needed for transporting SD cards. It holds up to four cards securely in an enclosure that is small enough to fit in a camera bag, purse, or pocket, yet large enough not to get lost. The clear plastic cases that come with some SD cards are often hard to open and close, fragile, and easy to lose. We recently bought two expensive Transcend 32 GB SDHC cards, and they were not even packaged with plastic cases.



We didn't need the metal chain attached to the case, but found it is easy to remove. The soft rubbery inner surface of the Hakuba case has recessed openings for the cards. They fit in securely but are easy to remove. We recommend placing the cards in the case with the contacts down and opposite the finger access cut outs (This is opposite to how the Amazon images show the SD cards in the case.) This way you are less likely to touch the brass contacts when removing your SD cards, which should help prolong their lives.

For anyone carrying a number of SD cards around, this case is a MUST HAVE. The sturdy and user-friendly design is perfect for both music and photo enthusiasts, with the attached "clip-on strap" supporting connection to other carrying cases.

I purchased this after first purchasing the Pelican 0910-010-110 Secure Digital Memory Card Case. That case was overkill for my daily needs.



The Hakuba is very light weight, and won't pull your pockets down while you're walking around. It is much bulkier than I'd expected however.

I rate this item quite highly. It is more compact than the item's description would indicate and therefore fits quite nicely in the storage area of my camera case. It will also fit easily in a pants pocket or hang from a belt. Four SD (or SDHC) cards will fit easily in this case. Several other people have given the hint to put the cards in right-side-up if they are empty and up-side down if they are full.



The Pelican case is sturdier, but is too large to fit easily in a camera case.

My wife and I travel frequently and we also shoot a lot of pictures in Nikon Raw file format. Because of the large file sizes, we need to carry several memory chips with us and these storage devices are perfect. They come with a clip and chain which makes it easy to clip the device on a camera bag or a belt loop. I would recommend these to anyone who travels with their camera gear.

I bought this product because I wanted a digital memory case that held a small number of memory cards, but was lightweight and durable for hiking and getting bumped around. The memory cards fit into the case nicely and I can attach the case to my DSLR bag or my digital video camera bag with ease. The inner compartment has a firm, rubbery feel so that the cards do not slip, but has some minimal give for the cards to slide in and out without damaging them. Each slot also has a little thumb groove to put the cards in and out, which are a little small for very large fingers, but still doable.

I ordered two of these, used them, and now ordered a third so it should be obvious that I like them. Each case keeps four of my SD cards in one place and because they are reasonably large it is less likely that I will either misplace the memory cards, loose them or have one of them fall out of my pocket. That said, they are rather bulky but do fit comfortably into my camera bag and they are tough, really tough. Although I haven't tested them, I'll bet I could drive over the case with a car and not damage either the case or the cards within. - Memory Case - Card Case - Sd Card Case - Memory Card'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information