Tuesday 28 April 2009

Great Pen - pilot, g2


G2 pens are basically the only pens I purchase. I am sure there are other good pens out there, especially at the high price points, but I have never purchased a bad G2. They are comfortable and write smoothly. My handwriting is atrocious and I think the pen actually makes it better. Pilot G2 Fine Point Rolling Ball Blue Gel Ink Pens, 2-Pack (31032)

This is an excellent pen for heavy-handed writers. The flow of ink is even and there's minimal blotting unless you hold the tip down on the same spot for a long time. Line thickness is perfect. The feel is very ergonomic, good grip, no slip.



Couple of caveats:

1. When you draw a long line quickly, ink builds up at the tip of the pen and you'll have to wipe it off.

2. There isn't that much ink in here. This is one of those pens that'll run out of ink before you lose it.

Great pen... very comfortable... one improvement I made however...



I have a penchant (pun intended) for fine pens... however, as I have an unfortunate and unrelated ability to lose things, I do not own a Montblanc.





I do, however, own several Pilot G2 pens. With a bit of MB "magic".



Enter the MB refill (although in my case "replace" would fit better) and the this great Pilot G2 pen.



Look online.... rub the top of the MB refill for a few seconds on sandpaper... and suddenly, the g2 writes like a MB, but losing it is of little/no consequence...



One of the best products out there... clean, crisp lines, great flow... very comfortable to use... makes not typing fun again. I've written side by side- G2 and MBG2, and there is a very clear winner... and for a great price (plus you look much less pretentious!)

This is my 2nd time ordering the same gel ink pens on amazon and I'm sure I will be ordering this product more whenever I need to buy a good pen. I simply love this product and its smoothness in writing =).

As an ever moving Seer giving lectures, I sometimes have to use a writing instrument to jot down thoughts and ideas. And to make revisions in my masterpieces just like Lincoln did on that train to Gettyburg. Yes. Other people have also remarked upon our similarities. They are so wise....



Anyway, I travelled back to the 16th Century and wrote a very important piece of literature. Yes. I was known as Michel De Metamordame and I wrote a book of the future called "The Quasi-Quatrains". Basically, they were prophecies of things to come and people have been misinterpreting them ever since. My pen name was Metadamus, perhaps you've heard of me?



Anyway, here are a few examples of my writing:



"The sonsimps, colour yellow are they

invade your home, blue hair piles up

a brat issues forth pestilence

itchy and scratchy become your eyes"



or



"In the new land of the uncle of sam

terrible thunder, blood soaks blue and grey

a beautiful woman, curtain finery is she

is clocked not Clarked, future on hold for audience"



Anyway, I brought my trusty Pilot G2 pen to write all those classics. Yes. It is my favorite. The townsfolk back then were amazed on how the ink just seemed to flow evenly across the parchment. They were even more astounded to find a rubber grip that held the pen steady. A plus when it comes to writing implements. The colour is very vivid, and easy to see while working by candlelight. It even has a clip which makes it simple to put in your pocket. However, back in the 16th century, hats were more common so I stuck them on top in the brim. But, I had to be careful not to hit my head on the ceiling for they would be scattered around the room and, dare I say, everyone in Salon-de-Provence wanted one of these.



I tell ya people, these pens cost a little more than the cheap ballpoint ones, but spend the extra cash. They are so much better and write beautifully. I like to use the blue ink. I think it makes more of a statement. But, I am not trying for that (!). No. If you prefer, black is also available. Get one. Try it out. If it's not to your liking I can send you back to the 16th century.... Oh. Now they seem more appealing, don't they? It is a fine pen and a fine point to add I must say.



As luck would have it, I had to return to the 21st century because I ran out of refills. But, I took care of that and so I must now time travel again. It seems that a Mr. John Hancock has requested me to sign something and to bring a pen with me to the year 1776. Hmmmm.... I wonder what it could be??



Just following a script - Metamorpho ;) - Retractable - Gel Pen - G2 - Pilot'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information