Tuesday 28 April 2009

Cell Phone Holder - cell phone holder, mount


I purchased this for my Droid X. The X fits allowing access to the usb port for charging. The camera sits above the mount so you can use it to shoot video while driving. The only negative comment I have with this product is the vent mount. In both of my vehicles (Taurus and Siena), the clips really don't hold all that well allowing the whole mount to move with the additional weight of the Droid. Further, trying to use the phone requires holding it steady first. A quick and easy solution was to add a small piece of rubber tubing to each plastic clip. I picked this up at Ace for < .50. The vent mount is now rock solid, like the windshield mount.



I prefer the vent mount as the Droid X has an issue with heat. This keeps the phone out of the window and allows the AC to blow across it when on. Arkon Universal Windshield with Dashboard and Vent Mount for Smartphones and PDAs (Black)

With the large screen of the Evo, I finally ditched my Garmin, and I'm using my phone as a GPS. This mount is perfect for the phone. You can adjust the bottom supports so they don't get in the way of the charge port. Also, the side arms hold the phone securely without getting in the way of the volume rocker.



The build quality of this mount is very impressive for the price! The plastic feels solid, not flimsy, and the suction cup is stronger and larger than the one that came with my Garmin. I was concerned about this, as I didn't want to risk my new phone in something that wouldn't hold it right. But after trying it out, I'm very pleased with how snugly the mount grips the phone. It's not going anywhere.



I like this mount so much that I came back to order one for my other car (only to find that they're now back-ordered).



One thing -- the vent mount doesn't hold very tight on my car, so that I don't feel comfortable using it. Maybe it's my particular type of vent (it's an old, old car), or maybe I'm not installing it right. However, the windshield mount is excellent.



I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

I use this product to hold my HTC Incredible to my vent mount while I use it as a GPS and Music Player (via FM Transmitter). Arms holds the Phone snugly so it will not move or fall out, the location of the charging cable and headphone jack are not interfered with by the mount. The vent mount swivels nicely to allow for a good viewing angle while attached to either the driver's side or passenger's side central vents of my cars.



I have not tried the windshield mount.



I guess my GPS vent mount is from the same company because the mounts are compatible and I now I don't have to detach the vent piece when swapping between using my car and my wife's car.

This mount works great for the iphone 4 and more than likley any smartphone or pda. It is very solid plastic. Can have it dash mounted and then change window mount any time you wish. Can turn phone to landscape view by just turning while in the mount. Doesnt bounce to much while driving. Very solid mount. Great purchase for me. Love it.

I haven't had much success with car mounts for either the HTC Hero or Droid Incredible, but the Arkon has been the best I've tried so far and is inexpensive compared to others. I've used it in both a Honda CR-V and Toyota Yaris.



Pros:

- The windshield clamp is secure and doesn't fall off, and the cradle also holds the phone safely.

- Inserting and removing the phone is very easy, which is important since you'll be doing that quite often!

- The mount is very flexible, and can be set in a wide range of positions (it can also hold the phone either vertically or horizontally).

- It's very simple to install, though be aware that there's only one windshield adhesive so you can't use the windshield mount in more than one car.

- The vent mount works flawlessly in the CR-V, and seems most suited to vents with thin plastic bars that are fixed.



Cons:

- Conversely, the vent mount doesn't work in every vehicle. It won't fit on any vent in the Yaris at all.

- The windshield clamp can be tricky to attach (you have to make sure you create enough of a vacuum).



Overall, so far so good - I can finally use my phone as a navigation unit while it's charging in the car. Note that there are no power cables or FM transmitters included.

I was extremely surprised at the quality of this product when it arrived today. It is made out of quality material and all the accessories are well made. This unit is completely adjustable and functions well. It is compatible with the Droid Incredible. The housing does not block the charge or audio ports and it will hold the phone in landscape position. Great product and great buy.

This mount is perfect for the sprint evo 4g. It fits phone with all ports exposed. The mount is of high quality and works just as advertised. The window suction is very strong with plenty of mounting angle options. If you have horizontal air vents I am sure that mount would work fine but I do not so I did not try the air vent mount. I have a seidio active case and have plenty of room left in the mounts mega grip system. - Cell Phone Holder - Dash Mount - Android - Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information