Saturday 25 April 2009

Keyboard And Mouse Combo - wireless keyboard, logitech


First thing to state is I have only had the product a few weeks.



-Pros:

1. Functionality wise it is great. It has had no delays and responses are quick.

2. Had zero issues using and was a extremly easy instalation.

3. Is very lite product making it very easy to move around with.



-Cons

1. The material around the edge is VERY flimsy. I fear it will break very easily. It feels very loose (talking about the clear plastic trim around the edges). KEy strokes are a bit noisy as the keys feel flimsy too...

2. While I am unsure of the battery life, I wish rather than a on/off switch it would have some type of sleep mode. Especially on the mouse since the switch is on the bottom of it.



Over all I am very pleased with it. Since I work with computers I would rate myself as a bit more over sensitive on any issue. Logitech Wireless Combo Mk520 With Keyboard and Laser Mouse (920-002553)

Over the last couple of years I had been using my HP desktop computer hooked up to a 42inch LCD monitor for all of my internet viewing. I got into the habit of sitting on the floor in front of the monitor and putting my "wired" keyboard on my lap whenever I needed to do any online navigating, then 2 months ago I broke my left heel bone and since then due to lack of mobility and being stuck on the couch have been using my MacBook Pro for most of my internet browsing. I started to miss my "big screen" viewing experience and sitting on the floor with my leg in a cast and a wired keyboard in my lap was not a good option comfort wise. Then I decided to order the Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse so that I coud sit on the couch and not have to be concerned about the limitations of a wired keyboard/mouse. My couch is about 15 feet from the computer and the Logitech has worked flawlessly!

Ironically today my HP bit the dust so now it goes in for repairs tomorrow. In the interim thank goodness for my MacBook!!!

I received my Logitech Wireless Combo MK520 Wireless Mouse and Keyboard a

few days ago from Amazon.com. The keys are quiet, soft touch and rounded

and quite comfortable. Unlike my previous keyboard, I don't have to press

down hard on the keys. It is very fast no freezing etc.



The laser mouse has contoured sides and soft rubber grips on both sides; it

allows smooth traction on any surface. It very energy efficient claiming to

have a 3 year battery for the keyboard life & 1 year for the mouse and also

has a range of 10 metres. (I really don't need ten (10) metres; one (1) or

two (2) is good enough for me).I also like the mini Logitech® Unifying Receiver.



All in all it is Good Value for Money



I would give it five stars and recommend it to any one

I love this wireless combo. It was a snap to hook up and so far-no concerns. What's nice is that there is only one hookup for the mouse and keyboard- one tiny Logitech Unifying receiver which works for both units great! For an inexpensive combo- it is a really good setup. As far as the longevity of the battery - that remains to be seen.

Keyboard is quiet and precise. Very convenient having volume/mute control on the keyboard. Mouse conforms naturally to my hand. USB receiver is tiny. I can keep it in my laptop when porting away from my desk w/o interference. Keyboard/mouse battery life is excellent -- accessories go to "sleep" after a period of non-use but they also have on/off switches to help preserve battery life. Excellent product from Logitech -- a company I equate with quality computer accessories.

This has the perfect amount of multimedia keys without getting cluttered with all the extra Windows keys that so many KBs have these days. The keys feel good when pressed without too much clicking sound. The 'travel' of the keys is great too, you don't have to push down really far.



Works out the box with Ubuntu with the keys already able to control Banshee. I'm using this as a backup for an HTPC for when I need to do things that the remote cannot. For this reason the on/off switches are a plus for those long intervals between uses. My old keyboard I had to remove the batteries to stop them going flat between uses.



The range is good for me sitting on a couch 12 feet away and the receiver is on the back of the PC so no issues there. - Wireless Mouse - Logitech - Keyboard And Mouse Combo - Wireless Keyboard'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information