Wednesday 29 April 2009

Electric Razor - trimmer, groomer


I was very unsure about which of these trimmers to buy, but I'm glad I went with this one. It's very easy to use and it's nice to not have to worry about attachments to change out and keep up with. All you have to do is simply twist the dial and you can cut your hair to have the 5 o'clock shadow, turn the dial and trim your goatee/side burns, or change it to one of the higher settings and actually cut your hair.. It's truly an all in one device. This replace my Mach 3 Fusion razor and my hair clippers. All for this amazing price. I've had it for a little over 2 weeks now and i use it every few days, it's still on it's first charge. The good thing about it is that you can simply plug the adapter into the wall and use it while it's charging if you need to.



The only issue i have against it would be the fact that it does kind of throw hair, but that's just because it cuts so fast. The only time it has done this bad was the first time i used it and my facial hair was a little thick, I was waiting to see how well it would perform. But if you keep everything cut every 2 or 3 days it's not that bad at throwing hair..



I Fully Recommend this..

I was first anxious if this will deliver on its promise of Stubble length uniform cutting. But it does a very good job. The lowest setting gives me a very close stubble. And by removing the comb it works as a liner for mustache and sideburns, but not very good as the dedicated ones we get on other norelco product (I used to use a norelco that has all the interchangeable heads). Good battery capacity too. But it is to be noted that it is a very specific type of beard trimmer and will not satisfy all needs. But anyone considering maintaining a stubble should consider getting this as a beard trimmer in addition to whatever hair groomer already in use.

If you are like me and want to stop paying $15 or $20 per haircut, are okay with wearing a simple one-length crewcut, and also have a short beard of somewhere around the same shortish length, then this tool can make you pretty happy.



I do not like haircutters that have many loose parts, and this one is just one simple unit with the length adjustment intergrated in with a slick length-dialing collar, so that's a big plus with me. The blades, how long they stay sharp, and the battery, how long it holds up, will probably be what determines the long-term satisfaction this unit provides, and I have only had it for a month or two so I cannot say on these. The blades are supposed to be self-sharpening and the battery is currently (sorry, loose pun attack) very peppy and lasts plenty long enough for more than one haircut now.



In order to get the really uniform length that makes for a sharp appearance it does take lots of repetitive passes over the same hair spot, but the batteries are well up to this challenge. Are you? If you are looking for a one or two pass sort of thing, then you need to look at some much more pricey pro equipment, I imagine, (and maybe hiring a barber to use it, too). This thing gets me free from the barber, beard and all, as long as I am willing to run the thing all over my hair about a dozen swipes at minimum over all hair surfaces, including the beard.



Wearing a one-length crew cut and a one-length full beard is the way I have found that best reduces the fuss and cost factors of grooming from the neck up. I make only one exception to this uniformity, and that is that because my mustache is thicker than the rest of my beard I cut only it one click closer than the rest of my beard. After I do this it looks more uniform than if I left it all the same length! Now all I have to do on a daily basis is use a disposable razor to maintain a clear bottom line and top edge-line on my full beard, and that's it for me.



I tried that vacuum trimmer a few years ago and found it to be a not-so-hot gimmick then so I didn't go back there when I bought this new one. I do not think I can find anything that works better for me than this one, at this price point. The length adjustor is trustworthy in design, doesn't threaten to accidentally slip to another setting.



At the end of my beard trim I usually have to take some small pointy scissors and trim a few hairs a little shorter directly under my nose. Tha's the only place where the built-in adjusting guard stops me from using it to cut every hair.



And when I am done giving myself a haircut I take the guard off, call in my wife, and she uses the unit without the guard to cut a clean hairline at the nape of my neck in back where I can't see to do it well enough for myself because I am not coordinated enough to do that reverse-my-hand-motions-because-I-am-looking-in-a mirror thing.



Cleaning the unit: if you are cutting dry hair, the clumps of cut hair usually just fall off into to sink area. Once in a while and when I am all finished with it I take the adjustable guard off and blow the loose hair off with a puff of air from my mouth. The guard slips off and goes back on with zero effort and no accidental length-setting changes.



This thing is nicely thought out and has very good "human-use engineering". I am really satisfied so far. Of course, one day one even better will be built, but this seems to me to be the best one for now.



The name 'stubble' is sort of misleading, because it is more than that. It is just as much a very good "shorter-hair-and-beard trimmer". - Mens Grooming - Groomer - Beard Trimmer - Trimmer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • groomer
  • ,
  • beard trimmer
  • ,
  • trimmer
  • ,
  • mens grooming