Saturday 25 April 2009

Bare Escentuals - bare minerals, foundation


I just bought the Neutrogena Mineral Sheers®: Loose Powder Foundation SPF 20 with PureScreen(tm) and I am not liking it at all. It cakes on and feels heavy, and my face is still a bit shiny after applying it.



The old product, Neutrogena Healthy Skin® loose powder, was much lighter, and better.



The new Mineral Sheers®: Loose Powder is .19 oz verses the .70 oz of the old product, yet the price is the same.



The new loose powder also has a different shade system, so the old product shades don't translate to the new shades - very frustrating for a consumer!



Neutrogena, what are you doing? First your compact holder doubled in size, and now this? Not good. Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Loose Powder Foundation with PureScreen, SPF 20, Natural Ivory-20

In a moment of frustration with having to make special trips to specialty cosmetic stores to buy Bare Minerals makeup, I picked up some Neutrogena Sheer Minerals makeup at the grocery store. I had tried other mineral makeups without success, so I wasn't expecting much but was hoping to save some money that weekend. I have been so happy with this makeup. It is sheer, glowing coverage, and I love the sunscreen in it. I don't see myself paying twice as much for Bare Minerals again.

Grabbed this as a quick replacement to BMinerals and was very surprised at how well it goes on. What i liked the most was it's price.. great value for your money, plus with a name like Neutrogena you assume they're not messing up your skin. Would reccomend giving it a try!!

I bought this as a less expensive alternative when I ran out of my Pur Minerals pressed powder foundation. The Neutrogena powder is nearly as good, for half the price. I don't think the pigment is quite as finely milled, so the finish isn't as nice but it's still a good foundation. I like it better than Bare Minerals Bare Escentuals. It gives better coverage and I like the pressed formula because it's not as messy. One tip: I've found it works well to apply this foundation with a brush. I think the sponge that comes with it is just fine, but I prefer to use my Pur minerals chisel brush or the Bare Minerals Flawless face brush. As with all powder foundations, you have to moisturize well so dry patches aren't accentuated. Definitely worth giving it a try if you're interested in trying a pressed powder foundation. - Foundation - Bare Minerals - Makeup - Best Foundation'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • makeup
  • ,
  • foundation
  • ,
  • bare minerals
  • ,
  • best foundation