Saturday 31 July 2010

Demolition - milwaukee sawzall, reciprocating saw


I do not use power tools in my line of work. However, I do have an appreciation for good quality equipment. I also believe that having the right tool can make even a home improvement project much more enjoyable. I bought this tool to cut some metal pipes and also some PVC pipes. Sure, I could have done the job with a hack saw. But, using a hand tool would have meant lots of patience and hassle. What would have taken a lot of time, sweat, hassle, and aggravation only took a few minutes with the Sawzall. The unit operated silently and it did not have as much vibration as I had expected for a unit with no counterbalance.A reciprocating saw is a very versatile tool even if you do not intend to do any kind of demolition. In addition to cutting pipes, you can also cut landscape timber and prune trees. Basically, you can use the Sawzall for just about anything that you would normally use a hand saw. The Sawzall came with two blades. One for metal and one for wood. It also came with a wrench to adjust the shoe. All of that came in a red kit box. The high quality kit box itself is made of sturdy, blown red plastic. The power cord is thicker than what I saw in competing brands at the same price range. The red Milwaukee kit box also seems sturdier, and there is a place inside that is specifically designed to hold extra blades. Most importantly, the saw itself looks and feels the way a heavy duty tool should. This kit defines high quality for a reasonable price.There were plenty of DeWalts, Hitachis, and Makitas at Lowe's. I chose the Milwaukee because I wanted to try out their brand. I suspect that any brand would have sufficed for my modest needs. This Sawzall might be a bit of an overkill for my intended use. However, I believe you will not regret buying more quality than you need.It is a hassle to have to drag out the orange extension cord. I chose a corded model because I wanted to have enough run time and power in order to be able to complete any project that might come my way. I was also hesitant to buy a cordless kit which would require a lot more investments in batteries in the future. If your intended use is strictly light duty, then perhaps a cordless model might be a more convenient choice. For its quality, reputation, design, package, and value, this Sawzall gets a five star rating from me. At a price of 119.99, this saw would be tough to beat. The closest competitor, in terms of power ratings, features, and price would be the Hitachi 13V. However, based on what I have seen of Hitachi's cases, I chose the Milwaukee. I place a lot of value on the design and quality of the case, as well as aesthetics. Milwaukee 6509-22 Sawzall 11 Amp Reciprocating Saw

I have an old Sawzall...it came in a metal case rather than a plastic one. Everything mentioned about it in the other reviews is true, it's a very versatile tool. It will seemingly cut through anything...my son whacked off a Master padlock in about five seconds recently. You should plan on buying blades, lots of blades! Because it's so versatile, one is tempted to undertake a cutting task with the wrong blade, which can be frustrating if not dangerous. So always match the blade to the task.



I would not advise this as one's first or only power saw. It's really not meant for long, straight cuts, although you can do them with practice. But as a second saw, for demolition, for large branch trimming, pipe and metal cutting, it's a gem. This is the right tool for so many jobs!

It cuts metal, wood, plastic, plumbing, wood with nails, sheetrock, things burried in the ground. It's simply amazing.



Want to take out a wall with the smallest mess possible? Slip the blade between the studs and cut the nails. Slip the blade between the top plate and cut the nails. Boom, the wall will now push out of the opening with all the plaster or drywall intact (and without all the dust you get from hammering drywall out of the way).



Any of Milwaukee brand Sawzall that has a counterweighted motor (this is important for controlling vibration and being able to cut one handed) is a joy to use.



After I bought one, I wondered how I ever managed to work without one.

I was disappointed in the power of this saw. It's partially my mistake for not getting the "Super Sawzall", but I saw that this was 11 amp, which to me means it should pack a punch. My older Sawzall is 11 amp and it seems to have much more power than this one. Besides this one being weak, it has a really crappy stamped metal foot that I expect will be bent in a couple of weeks work. The cord is short, and not replacable.



For the $40 difference between this and the "Super" Sawzall, which is 13amp and has the better adjustable foot and longer, replacable cord, I would recommend going with the more powerful one, even if you only use it once in a while. If you're using it regularly, this one isn't worth your time.



Milwaukee shouldn't put their name on crap like this.

There is not much to think about here - this is the brand the pro's use and it's for a good reason. Milwaukee sets the bar for all others to reach toward when it comes to reciprocating saws. I did my research like I always do, but this was an easy decision and I'm very happy with the saw. You'll want to pick up some blades before you start a project though. Pick up one of the variety blade sets for starters and then buy bulk once you know what you need.

being an auto techncian for 16 years i know the value of quality tools. time is money! you can buy a lower amp tool for less money but the time and frustation isn't worth it. i use this saw for mostly for metal cutting, and it cuts like a hot knife through butter, so you know what it can do with wood and plastic! Don't get frustrated, buy quality and power-milwaukee! And for the price nobody can touch this sawzall! - Recipricating Saw - Reciprocating Saw - Milwaukee Sawzall - Milwaukee'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • reciprocating saw
  • ,
  • milwaukee
  • ,
  • recipricating saw
  • ,
  • milwaukee sawzall