Friday 30 July 2010

Crafts - shrinky dink, crafts


I purchased these for my sons and they did not turn out. I followed directions exactly and even tried several alternative methods the box suggested and they curled up and the edges stuck together.. I even tried one at a time and they would not work. I was very disappointed but luckily my son wasn't upset.



UPDATE: I contacted company and to make a long story short, they determined my shrinky dinks didn't work because I did not pre-heat the pan in the oven. I checked my packaging and it did not specify to do so. I was very happy with the companies response and I would recommend you preheat the pan in the oven even if the package does not inlude that step in the directions. Alex Toys Shrinky Dink Kits, On The Move

Got this for my almost 4 year old son...he liked it but my adult sister and I (both way over 25) enjoyed doing these just like when we were kids. probably better for 8 year old. loved it and worked just the same

I bought these for my niece (age 5) and nephew (age 3) for Christmas. They really loved watching them shrink in the oven! (it was their favourite part). I enjoyed myself as well as it reminded me of the Shrinky Dinks I had when I was a child.

I bought this Shrinky Dinks set for my 6 year old nephew's birthday. It was definitely a good choice. I got to spend the afternoon coloring with him. I'd completely forgotten about playing with these as a kid until my sister suggested them as a gift idea. Well worth the price.

We purchased this set of Shrinky Dinks for our four year old sons (twins) for Christmas. There was a nice variety of vehicles in the pack, as well as a selection of colored pencils to spark their creativity. I used this product as a child, and what I forgot was to poke a small hole in the product before baking, so that they can be used on a keychain or even as an ornament. We will purchase this product again in the future.

These are very similar to the Shrinky Dinks I remember as a child. This box is perfect size. Kids started to get bored on the last couple. It was fun while it lasted and worth the couple bucks it cost.

This was way to much fun.. I bought this for a 3 year old and he loved it so much his mom had to go to the store the next day and buy more.. It is perfect for a toddler.. He loved watching it shrink in the oven.. He called it blowing up.. "Look auntie it is blowing up.. Is it ready yet?" It was great.. - Art - Crafts - Shrinky Dink'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information