Monday 26 July 2010

Home Security Systems - biometric, keyless entry


It works perfectly for me! I even figured out that it has to detect a pulse to work properly (Which is a problem for my aunt, she has a very weak pulse, but that's another story). The ability to use a password is still much better that having to dig out keys. Another feature I like is that the door automatically locks behind you, but you can turn this feature off and on if you want. iTouchless Bio-Matic Fingerprint Door Lock For Right Hand Door, Silver

The product is impressive and works great. However, mine does not read fingerprints anymore. It turns on the light but never "beeps", and I am sure it is not a programming problem (I am a software developer myself).

I have to enter my house using only the buttons or key :(.

Early on we had troubles because I didn't realize it was for a door with one hole and we have a hole for the deadbolt and the knob, my fault. But after you open the package you can't return it (big note on the package says so). So we figured a way to make it work, luckily my husband is pretty handy. Then I also didn't realize that it is not a deadbolt, so I was concerned about overall security. But we have a house alarm and there is not really enough space for someone to mess with the lock.

As far as functionality it is easy to program and reprogram (if you need to delete someone). For the most part we have not had to try more than once to get in. Overall I am happy with it. I never liked the idea of giving someone a key and then having an issue if you don't want them to get into your house any more. This solves those problems.

The keyless entry system was indeed easy to install and to program. Worked like a charm for about 7 months, but after that it no longer read fingerprints. I tried resetting it, changing the batteries but could not get it to read fingerprints anymore. Now it only operates with the number codes. I looked up on the iTouchless website and found out that the product had a two-year warranty. The company shipped me a new unit and I returned my old one. The new one is working fine now. The only suggestion I would have is that the company should pick up the shipping costs for replacement products. Aside from that, the customer service was very good and responsive to my needs.

I purchased and installed this product for a main entrance to my business. About 15 employees have been fingerprinted to use this product. Of those, about 25% work all the time, about 50% work half the time, and the other 25% rarely or never work at all. I am one of the people that it works for all the time so I love it but I hear a lot of grumbling about it from the other employees who can't get it to work for them. It is nice to have the code you can enter, as well, so anyone whose fingerprint doesn't work can override it and still get in.



Being that it works for me pretty much all the time, I'd purchase one for my house. But I haven't been able to figure out the pattern for why it works for some people and not others.

This lock has been rock solid since I installed it. The fingerprint reads have been very accurate with probably less than 2% failure. Those failures have been when people don't hold their finger still during the read. I have been very happy with this purchase and would buy it again.

The only set back is that I needed to make a difficult adaptation to our local hardware. No problem installing it with a non-English speaking wood smith and the product works amazingly well. Saved the family the need to carry bulky "keychains" and loosing keys.

This lock is probably the best on the market. The price is unbeatable. I've had it for 2 days and love it. The instructions are very easy to follow. It requires no extra holes like some models, just a standard door knob hole. You have to place your finger just right on the sensor or else it denies entry.(Which is a good thing)I have all my fingers programmed. This is a great easy to install and easier to use product.

I bought two of this products, one left sided and the other right sided. In general I am very happy with both of them. One of them, the right side one, has better recognition. I have 7 persons using them and they are working fine. In the right sided one, some times you get 1 or 2 misses but 70% of the time you get in on the first try. On the left sided one I have to try 2 or 3 times on 70% of the times. I don't know why this difference. Even so, this is far better than giving keys to 7 persons for 2 doors with the added cost of changing the lock if one quits or looses its key.

The Bio-matic door lock is a great asset on keyless entry with no other device, accessory, etc. needed other then your fingertip/print.

Some other customers give bad reviews due to failed print captures. When I put my wifes print in memory, I captured her full end digit of her index finger, then I watched how she pressed her finger for entry access when she said it wouldn't read right, She was only applying the tip of her finger in which the memory has the full digit and she is only giving half the ridge detail the Bio-matic is looking for.



Also, We as Human beings use are finger/hands to pick things up at least 200 times a day, if you abrase/scuff or scar the finger/print/ridge detail in question, you won't gain entry till it heals or you re-do your print, then it heals and you re-do again.

I like it some much, I've bought another, that covers 2 out of the 4 entry/exits at our residence! - Keyless Entry - Biometric - Lock - Front Door'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information