Friday 30 July 2010

Works Great


I ordered the charger on Wednesday and received it on Saturday which I thought was really fast shipping. The charger is very basic in design but quite rugged to the feel. It has prongs on the back which just flip out to plug into the wall receptacle. They operation is quite easy. Simply slid the battery into the slots just like it slides into the camcorder and plug it into the wall outlet. At that point a red led light comes on meaning its charging. In a short time, I think it was just a little over an hour the light turns green and the battery is fully charged. That was with a BN-VG 107 battery which came with my camcorder. I then put in a BN-VG 121 battery that I use and that took an hour and 7 minutes to bring up to full charge.



The unit comes with a small cord that you may use in your car or boat or what ever will take a standard cigarette lighter plug in. The unit also has an adapter which may be use overseas when you're out of the country, and the adaptor fits over the standard prongs to allow it to be used.



I did try the cigarette lighter adaptor and it did work but I did not wait to see how long it would take to charge it that way. But common sense would tell you that if you're on a trip and need a quick boost for your battery, this is the answer. I like this charger and think it's a much needed item in any camera bag. You don't have to be smart to use this. Just common sense and it works.



I think for the money it's a bargain against the price for the JVC model and you get the same results. Charger for JVC BN-VG107, BN-VG107U, BN-VG107US, BN-VG114, BN-VG114U, BN-VG114US, BN-VG121, BN-VG121U, BN-VG121US Battery

After purchasing a video camera I decided to get a spare battery with extra life. And, of course, it would need a charger. Yes, it can be charged through the camera, itself, but I much prefer a stand alone charger. Occasionally I hear about batteries suddenly burning up, and if it's going to happen with mine, I don't want it attached to the camera while it's charging.



In loading the camera software into the computer I was encouraged to look at the manufacturer's accessories and was shocked to see the $99 price tag for a simple charger. I looked in other places and found the same thing. Then I came across this one at half the price. It's well-made and functions perfectly. It does what the very expensive chargers do. Whether it will last as long, I don't know, but I have never had any problems with other cheaper camera batteries and chargers bought in the past.

I wanted to be able to charge both my batteries at the same time as they take quite a while to recharge. I am pleased that they made this charger so compact. My last JVC camera had a slightly larger charging unit and a long cord, which made it take up a lot of space. This one just flips out and plugs in to a wall and you're good to go!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Works Great Works Great Works Great