Tuesday 27 July 2010

Indoor Tv Antenna - tv antenna, antenna


This budget-priced indoor antenna unit does the job. I received all the local HD channels available in my area with minimal adjustments to the antenna positioning.



The coaxial cable is part of the unit and cannot be removed. The cable itself is rather skinny. That being said, the unit performs, flawlessly.



I have the unit placed behind my 42" plasma with the antenna extended and hidden from view. The location of my flatscreen is top-floor of a house and about five feet from the window. I also used this unit in my bedroom and it worked, flawlessly.



I think the location of your home (relative to the broadcast towers) and positioning of the unit is what matters. Not the brand or price of the indoor antenna unit. RCA ANT121 Indoor Antenna

I just replaced a significantly more expensive Terk HDTVi indoor antenna with this simple and inexpensive RCA antenna. The Terk looked great, but had such a poorly designed base that it was nearly impossible to balance and position-I'll be sending that one back to Amazaon. I went over to my local Best Buy and found this unit, hooked it up-wala; picked up significantly MORE HD stations and this unit is stable and easy to position and move around (which is the objective in maneuvering for best reception). I'd highly recommend this unit-as far as I am concerned it does what it's supposed to do, easily outperforms (at least in my case) more expensive indoor antennas, and is just a great darn value!

Just as good as any other antenna I've tried. Its not worth it to buy the more expensive ones, they all work the same. The SIGNAL STRENGTH NEVER CHANGES, that is controlled by the tower location and your location. All you can do is get a bigger antenna!!.

So I got two of these, pointed them different directions, now I get all the channels I should without having to adjust (very much) the dipoles.

I finally made the leap to an hdtv, so I decided to see what was available over the air -- mostly out of curiosity, as I have cable with an hd package (although I hear OTA HD signals are better as they are not compressed). So last night I picked this up for $15 or so at a store two blocks from my home (paid a bit extra for the convenience, plus I like to support local merchants when reasonably possible). I live in a highrise in San Francisco, and the window behind my TV more or less faces in the direction of the Sutro Tower broadcast array, so I aimed the dipoles in that direction, and swiveled the UHF loop towards it as well. I did pick up several stations, but notably missing were two network affiliates (CBS and FOX - Channels 5 and 2 here), and KRON Channel 4 -- a local news station (it was the NBC affiliate until a few years ago) which has its station one block from my home! Also, no PBS affiliates came in at all (we have several in the SF Bay Area). I fiddled and fiddled with the dipoles and loop, faced everything in different directions, re-scanned several times, etc... I came up with several more obscure channels, but still these major stations were missing. Also, some channels displayed significant pixelation and freezing. I really don't know if it is the fault of the antenna, or just the luck of the draw as far as signal strength in my area, so I won't ding the RCA on effectiveness. However, on about the fifth repositioning, one of the dipoles snapped clean off at the base! I am fairly adept with technology and I fully understand how the antenna dipoles swivel -- this just plain snapped without me using any force or doing anything wrong. I still pick up stations with one pole -- my understanding is that most hdtv stations are in the UHF range anyhow (but I also read that this may be changing soon). I am not sure if the store will take this back -- will try tonight -- but I am sorely disappointed with the quality of this antenna.

With minimal adjustment, I was able to get solid signal on all my local HD channels. This antenna works as well or better than numerous other indoor and outdoor antennas I've tried, including antennas that are much larger and more expensive that this one. It might not be great if you're on a fringe area with faint signals, but for cities and suburbs it should be fine.

Rabbit ears are the tried and true design that became popular for indoor TV reception 65 years ago, and this basic design still works well in the digital age. The RCA ANT121 is a slightly upgraded model from the no frills, but excellent RCA ANT110, and includes a knob to restrict/increase the signal. This is a non-amplified antenna which works fine connected to a digital TV in a suburban setting.

This is a good antenna for urban areas and those not too far from the broadcast towers. For those that live in more rural areas farther away from the towers, this will not work very good at all for you. I live about 40 miles from all channels broadcast towers. I can pick up maybe 1 or 2 prime channels. When I moved to the Philadelphia suburbs, it works fine. - Antenna - Tv Antenna - Hd Antenna - Rabbit Ears'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • antenna
  • ,
  • rabbit ears
  • ,
  • hd antenna
  • ,
  • tv antenna