Saturday 31 July 2010

Iphone Holder - iphone, iphone dock


I have a EVO 4G and ordered this car mount as California law prohibits anything on the windshield.

It was easy to assemble and fit in the vent but not sturdy enough to hold big smart phones. If you have a light (Very Light) and small phone this will be perfect for you.

For PDA/Smart Phone users look for other options. Arkon Removable Air Vent Mount for Mobile Phone and Smartphones (Black)

I was a little pessimistic that a universal mount would work with my new iphone. I also did not think the side arms could really hold my iphone. But I was wrong! Once the phone is in place, you cannot remove it until you press the release button. Two minor quibbles that make this a 5-star product: the clips that go in the the car's vent don't quite hold on to it's place so it could rattle a bit and if you need to plug your iphone into your car charger, you need to plug it first before putting in the cradle.

Holds my Hero in place and position suprisingly well, even during 'spirited' driving. The volume rocker on my phone is held down by the left grip, but not a big deal (once the phone is in place I just turn the volume back up).

The vent mount works fairly well and is as solid a mount as can be had with an automobile vent. The mechanism that traps the phone ratchets securely and disengages when the button on the side is actuated. It is useful for someone that changes phones or phone cases often because it is not form-factor dependent.

I've got a 94 civic and the vents are arranged in a strange position, and this product was able to fit it very nicely. Well thought-out design makes it flexible to fit most situations. Love it.



UPDATE: After about 2 months one of the little clips has lost it's "clippyness". It stays open and now the whole thing does not stay in place. I'll try a rubber band around the clip to try to fix it. Still a good design, just maybe not the best material used.

I ordered this holder because I wanted to use my iPhone4 as a GPS. This works seamlessly when I am using the phone alone. If I want to charge it while its in the holder I have to place the phone upside down since the charger cannot go in from the bottom two supports. If I do that I pretty much loose access to the volume button, power button and the headphones jack. If the design can be modified to allow the phone to be charged and aux cable to be plugged in while its in the holder it would be great. I would also like to suggest change in design of those clips, not the beset of designs.

Overall does the job for me but it can be flawless if these changes are incorporated.







Thanks.

First of all, it works. The big caveat I have is the two supporting pins at the bottom are too close to each other. If you want to connect your iphone 4 (probably also the same case for older iphones and ipod) to the lighter, the width between the two pins are not enough for the connector to pass through. As a result, the iphone is only held by the two side clips. It should be ok if the road is not too bumpy. Otherwise, the phone may fell off.

I got this for my iPhone 4 and it is perfect!! Easy to pop out, just the push of a button. It fit the vents in my Toyota Sienna fine. I have been using it for about a month and would buy, recommend to all!!!

I bought this item, cause i did not want a suction cup holder as they tend to encourage theft. This is easy to hook to my air vents and when placed on the lower vents the bottom attachment hit the dash so there is not much movement when driving. I love the swivel feature!! When using navigation on my phone being able to flip the phone sideways to give me a better map is great.

Overall, this item does and works just like it is advertised.

Could be great - if it didn't break down two times. The first one didn't allow the installation of the prongs that hold inside the vent. Both broke off. The same with the second although I applied some oil to make them glide into position. Finally I drilled a small hole into the prongs and attached them with screws. Now they hold. - Iphone Holder - Mount - Iphone Dock - Iphone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information