Tuesday 27 July 2010

Wireless Accessories - droid, car mount


Initially I had issues with the DROID constantly falling out of this cradle, but i found out I wasn't pushing hard enough to completely snap it in place. Once I did it correctly, I have no issues with this mount. Motorola Car Mount Phone Holder for Droid

This is the official windshield mount for the Motorola Droid / Milestone phone Motorola DROID A855 Android Phone (Verizon Wireless). Compared to the price of a full on GPS, this is still a steal and lets you get the most out of the free navigation system you got with your phone. Definite buy if you have a car and this phone.



Suction hold is very strong.

Arm adjustability/ joints work well.

Fits phone well and securely. I don't have a case, my friend has a relatively thin case on his and both phones fit fine.

Pops out easily when you want it to by gently pushing in a little tab.

This mount does not come with a built in charger or connection, I think that may be the fault of the phone design (a minor quibble). You can still plug a charger into the bottom of the phone, but it's an extra step. I personally don't take long enough trips for it to matter and am more concerned with hiding the mount so people don't break into my car looking for a standalone GPS in the glove box.

The dock works as directed and seems to be made of solid construction, no flimsy parts. I would recommend this buy. The one thing it is missing is some kind of power connection so you don't have to remove the power adaper each time.

Exactly what I wanted for less than I expected to pay! My only problem is that I bought a car charger with this order only to find that it comes with a charger. Not the sellers fault. I just wanted to mention it so someone else could avoid the same hassle.

I purchased this almost a year ago now, and it still holds my Motorola Droid perfectly. The mounting suction-cup feels tough and grips the windsheild securely. I am very pleased with this product and I'm glad Verizon isn't the only one who sells it!

I know personally this product was everything I expected it to be but if your like me and new to the Droid game there is 3 types of Droids (Droid,Droid X(which I have)and the Droid X2)This is for the Droid but I thought it was for all Droids (good thing I dont get paid to think lol)the represenatives at Online Cellular explained it to me and gave me the information I needed to return it back I am very pleased so if you have a Droid and you are looking for a car mount this company should be your first choice I was pleased with the promptness of receiving the package and the quality of it you cant go wrong you will be happy! Good day! Droid X

How can anyone give this item more than one star? I would give it none if it were an option. It uses a suction cup for crying out loud!! The item never sticks to any part of my dashboard and would only stick to the face of the stereo which is now not working. I hope whomever thought up this design swims in the Gulf of Mexico with their mouths open!!! - Car Mount - Motorola Droid - Droid - Dock'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • droid
  • ,
  • motorola droid
  • ,
  • dock
  • ,
  • car mount