Friday 30 July 2010

Ipod Touch Cover - accessories, case


So, yeah, like a lot of people have said, this case doesn't really fit. It's definitely a bit too large and doesn't stay in place if it's in your pocket. Another result of the loose fit is that it makes it more difficult to press the power and volume buttons effectively. Also, although the connectors, speaker, and camera are all accessible, the thin strip of rubber along the bottom is incredibly flimsy and doesn't stay in place very well. So, this case works perfectly fine if your iPod will be laying flat on a table all day, but that's about it.



So, yeah, seeing as I only paid a dollar for this (plus S&H), I can't really say that I'm surprised. But to describe this case as "premium" is to display either an extreme lack of comprehension of the English language, or a willingness to lie about your product to make a quick buck. Soft Gel Silicone Skin Case Cover for Apple iPod Touch 4G, 4th Generation (Black)

I just received the ordered cover...perfect shape and solid quality although the color is more or less TRANSPARENT instead of BLACK. IMHO looks even better in transparent so I am perfectly happy. Just 4 stars for the fact the the info on the color is incorrect.

Great cover - protects all the corners and the back from scratches, keeps iPod from slipping, easy to put on and it stays on well. No cover for front - need to buy screen protector separately, but quite inexpensive - less than half most other similar covers. I was pleasantly surprised. Would definitely recommend.

Pros:

- Price. Under $3 for an iPod Touch case? You'd have to dish out three times as much as a retailer for something of comparable quality.

- Grips well to flat surfaces. Good for browsing the web or app store with the device on a table.



Cons:

- Quality. The rubber isn't exactly outstanding; there's a molding line that goes round the edges of the case, which makes it less pleasant to hold. Also, the sides of the case bulge out slightly, which takes away from the look of the unit.

- Lint pickup. If you're planning on putting your iPod in your pocket at all, be prepared for lint and fuzz sticking to the case. The feeling of the case declines with the more lint that sticks to it

- Though it fits fairly well, the case can become dislodged if pushed on properly. Usually when this happens, it's the last thing you want to deal with.



Overall, I'd recommend either a higher end rubber case or, better yet, a hard case for your iPod Touch 4th Gen. I ordered this one so I'd have a case on hand when I bought my iPod. It has given me time to seek out something better. And believe me, almost anything would be better. Don't buy this unless you're in my situation or you want a cheap backup case.

I recently got a ipod touch and was very excited. I bought one of those transparent screen cover to protect the front of the ipod and figured that I also need something to protect the back. Therefore, I bought this piece of junk.



Problems with the cover:

1. Way too loose, it doesn't stay on the ipod when you put it in your pocket.

2. It interferes with typing. When I tried to type anything, the cursor will jump all over the place. I have take off the cover whenever I need to type anything.

3. The cover collects dust too easily.



Basically, the cover needs to be taken off the ipod when you need to use it. It comes off easily when you aren't using it. What I do all the time is to put it back on. Terrible.

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Very cheap thin silicone case that doesn't stay on.

What do you expect for a couple of bucks.

Don't buy unless that is what you're looking for. I'm now looking for a better one.

Certainly at this price point, you have to expect that you're going to get what you paid for. I knew this coming in. So, my expectations were low....and I wasn't disappointed. This case is really pretty crappy. You will NOT want to keep this as your permanent solution on your new, expensive iPod. To call this a 'Premium' case is very misleading. It should be called 'As Basic and Cheap as possible' Soft Black Gel Silicone Skin Case. The seams and cuts are all jaggedy. The case is flimsy and loose.



If you're going for something temporary until something better comes along..may I suggest some of the cheap TPU type cases. They are tougher, fit snugger, and are not dust magnets like this material.

We bought 2 of these case covers for our new Ipod just in case there was wear and tear after a while on one of them. My husband put one of the skins on and later that day took his Ipod out of his pocket and there was already a small tear on the case. We expected this to happen eventually... but not right away. The is a very cheap product so I guess you get what you're paying for. - Case - Ipod Case - Ipod Touch Cover - Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • ipod touch cover
  • ,
  • accessories
  • ,
  • ipod case
  • ,
  • case