Tuesday 27 July 2010

Car Charger - boys, adapter


This review is to help with this Adapter if you can't find it. I went to Radio Shack and they sell a 9V/300mA AC-to-DC Power Adapter. It's $14.00. It comes with 1 adaptaplug. Size O and size N will both seem to fit in the V-Smile, but only size N really fits. [...] It is Catalog # 273-1767. It works fine for the V-Smile. Good Luck to all and of course you can use the adapter for other V-tech products. Just bring it to radioshack and you can try all the various plugs to see which one you need. Vtech - V.Smile Adapter

If this adaptor is out of stock, or if you don't want to pay $10-$12, here are the specs that will let you find a generic or universal adaptor that will work:



This adaptor is 9 volts, 300 mAh, with a 5.5mm x 2.5mm adaptor with positive polarity (the center pole is positive).



If you shop around, you should be able to find a universal adaptor for as little as $7, or generic adaptors for under $5.

I have purchased 2 adapters and both of them quit working after just a few weeks. The toy runs well off batteries, and they actually last a while. I would invest your money in batteries instead of this adapter.

We bought the V-Smile adapter for the 2 v-smile products that we have and were quite let down by it's quality. The first one quit working after a few days and we exchanged it for a new one only to have IT stop working after 2 weeks. I might add that it was well taken care of and never handled by our children. The third time around we bought a Coby CA-969 300ma Universal Adaptor (at a much nicer price of $3.00 @ Amazon) and have been really happy with it. We also use it for other things as it is Universal and comes with a bunch of adaptors. Bottom line: Save your $10.00 and go for a cheaper universal adaptor.

I bought this adapter to save myself from having to buy C batteries to keep my kids v.smile going. I wish I had just stuck with the batteries, they really do last for quite a while. This adapter doesn't seem to fit snugly enough into the v.smile system. My daughter is constantly coming to tell me her v.smile won't turn on. The solution? Jiggling the adapter into the back of the v.smile. For 9.99 I shouldn't have to jiggle the plug every 10 mintues!

I bought this for my kids last year (2005) for Christmas. Within 6 months of gentle use (my kids are not very rough on toys), it no longer worked at all. I do not recommend this product--just get batteries instead.

I bought a universal adaptor at a "big box" electronics store at the same time I bought the V Smile game unit. The information is on the V Smile box and the game unit itself so you know which plug size to use. We've had both the adaptor and game unit for a year now with no problems at all, and my kids play it a LOT. I highly recommend an adaptor over the batteries -- if your kids like to play this, they will burn through batteries VERY fast! - Adapter - Boys - Charger - Kids'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • kids
  • ,
  • adapter
  • ,
  • boys
  • ,
  • charger