Saturday 31 July 2010

Carrying Cases - netbook case, ipad sleeve


I have to say, I was hesitant on getting this sleeve, for that some said it would fit the 15.4 inch laptops, and some 16's. I ordered this one, got in the mail just recently, tried it out, and it fits my Dell Studio XPS 16 (w/ the 16 inch screen) like a GLOVE!!! I LOVE the fact that on one side of it is lined with suede, so removing it makes it very easy!!! I feel confident now that I don't have to worry about leaving my computer somewhere, or have it collect dust, since I'm deployed out in Afghanistan at the moment. The zipper felt good, wasn't flimsy or anything, it should last as long as I keep the computer.



Also, I had ordered an OGIO Politan Pack just recently, and wasn't sure if the Sleeve with my laptop inside of it would fit, but sure enough it did!!! Not only am I happy with the purchase, but at the fact that sleeve fits PERFECTLY within the OGIO Politan Backpack!! So if it fits my 16inch XPS without any issues, any 15.4 inch laptop SHOULD fit in here as well... Case Logic VLS-110 Sleeve for 7-Inch to 10-Inch Netbooks and iPad

My iPad is in an Apple iPad case but I need a little more protection when it is in my backpack for traveling. Most so called iPad sleeves are expensive so I bought this thing, it fits well and it is cheap. Quite happy with this.

This fits my 16 inch Toshiba perfectly. The material is high quality, and it seems to have been assembled perfectly. The zipper glides smoothly, and Amazon is offering the case at a reasonable price. I would easily make this buying decision again.

I was looking for a basic sleeve to protect my iPad and Apple wireless keyboard while stowed inside my backpack. This case fit the bill perfectly. Additionally, the quality of design, materials, and construction FAR exceeded my expectations considering what I paid (under $15).



General comments:

Basic sleeve design for a netbook or iPad, as advertised. The construction is high quality, especially for the price. The material feels sturdy in hand, but is exceptionally light. Both sides of the sleeve are padded (neither side is rigid). The interior surface is smooth nylon. The interior portion of the zipper is protected from contents by a lip of fabric which, by its design, does NOT get caught up in the zipper. The zipper itself runs from the top left corner of the sleeve all the way down the right side of the sleeve, giving you the flexibility to only open the sleeve from the top or open it up more widely. Accented patches at the bottom and front center are a nice touch, providing good grip points.



iPad specific:

Bought the sleeve to house my iPad. Was despairing because I could not find a simple case to house both my iPad and my Apple wireless keyboard. Thought I would be forced to leave the sleeve open at the top with the keyboard sticking out. To my surprise, the iPad AND keyboard fit nicely together in the sleeve. The keyboard takes up the maximum height of the case, but the zipper closes nicely without being forced or rubbing, even with the iPad inside also.

*note: edited review two weeks after purchase* This is a very comfortable and compact case and build quality is excellent. It would be my favorite case if not for two things:

1) My 10.1" Aspire One with the larger 6-cell battery pack *BARELY* fits. It's a very tight squeeze and the zipper takes some effort to get it to close around the corners.

2) No room for extras. It's a real stretch to get any extras in the case. I cannot zip it closed if I put the power cord, mouse, etc in this same case.



This is a sturdy, well padded and very protective case. If you need to carry extras with it, choose something larger.

I bought this on Amazon and promptly returned it.



Pros:

-Fit my 14.1 inch HP Pavilion laptop snugly

-Leather (or imitation) grip on the bottom is a nice touch; gives much better grip than the slick nylon



Cons:

-Thick, but in all the wrong places. The front and back of the case have thick padding, but unless you expect to be using your laptop as a shield or to hit things, this is not a useful place for padding. The edge padding is thinner to non-existent, though this is exactly where one should want padding. Light style cases are meant to protect the laptop surface from scratches, and provide some cushioning when in the a backpack or bag. This laptop sleeve does not provide any more cushioning along the edges than the standard neoprene sleeves, so adds bulk but does not provide additional protection



The bottom line for me was that this case doubled the thickness of my (already not slender) laptop, but despite this did not provide any meaningful additional protection. I've purchased a Targus Laptop Case instead, which fits and protects my laptop equally well without adding needless bulk. If you really want that extra padding, this Lowepro Notebook Sleeve looks more useful. - Case Logic - Ipad Sleeve - Netbook - Netbook Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information