Tuesday 27 July 2010

Power Tools - nailer, power tools


I purchased this tool after seeing my cabinetmaker destroy some costly bamboo molding BEFORE he bought this pin nailer.



I bought it to use in finishing a pair of beds I made for my grandchildren. The material was steamed European Beech and it was very hard. I was able to easily drive the 1 3/8" pins. Using the plastic nose cover there was no face damage and I still had full penetration at only 90psi working pressure. The holes were so small they literally disappeared. The two finger safety trigger is easy to use. Loading the nailer is very simple. Having the requisite tools (extra cap and hex key) attached to the nailer is a plus altough I have not had any jams so have not used the key.



The included 1000 pins in each of the lengths is a great idea because it saves you a ton of bucks as try the different sizes to find what works for your projects.



I am completely satisfied with this nailer. Thrilled that I bought it. Grex P645 1-3/4-Inch 23-Gauge Length Headless Pinner

I'm a furniture maker and finish carpenter by trade and I should have bought this tool years ago. I've shot several thousand nails so far and it has yet to jam. It drives pins perfectly at 70 - 90 psi. For driving deeper turn the pressure up to 105 - 110 psi. The pin holes are so tiny they don't really need filling. Though for hardwood trim I still find myself touching up the holes. The difference is after the holes are filled they are invisible. Unlike 18 gauge nail holes. It's also great for glue ups and assemblies like face frames and even cabinet doors. It is without reservation a 5 star tool

I have been an avid woodworker for over 50 years. During that period I have had numerous opportunities to clamp trim, small pieses, or irregular shaped pieces. When I read that the Micro Pinner was virtually invisable I said, yea sure. It is now one of the most prized tools in my shop. The fastner hole is virtually invisable. - Micro Pinner - Power Tools - Nail Gun - Nailer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information