Monday 26 July 2010

Filter Kit - photography, 67mm


This filter set is of fair quality. The glass seems to be of high quality, but the coating is minimal, at best. It does not have a greenish or bluish taint that is typical of coated filters. I have used the UV on a Nikon lens. So far I have noticed almost no difference with or without the filter -- a good sign. The polarizer seems to be doing what it is supposed to do as well -- darkening the sky and reduce reflections. Given the fact that the price is very reasonable, I would recommend it to those of you who are looking for a set of inexpensive starter filters. Zeikos ZE-FLK67 67mm Multi-Coated 3 Piece Filter Kit (UV-CPL-FLD)

El cheapo starter kit - nice to play with the filters. Even though the pack claims the filters are multi coated, they seem to be pretty reflective, including the UV filter - it seems to be just a glass, no coating, much more reflective than my Hoya UV(0) anyways.



The kit comes with a box for storing filters, with a red fabric inside that leaves small red bristles on the glass.

These filters are OK, but certainly not in the realm of the established quality glass makers. For a snapshooter looking for a cheap UV filter these should be fine, but serious shooters will want something better.

Unfortunately, I had to return this product soon after I purchased, because the threads did not fit on my Canon 18-135 lens properly. Particularly the purple filter was the one I had the most problems with. When I screwed the filters on, I had to spend about 10 minutes trying to pry them off. I couldn't get them to unscrew without extra force, and at times I thought that I would damage my lens. I didn't want to have to deal with this every time I wanted to switch filters, so I decided to return them. Before having the threading issue, I took about 50 shots with each filter. The quality of the filters was decent, but just not worth potentially damaging your lens for.



I guess I wasn't too surprised, based on the price. But given the generally decent reviews, I was hoping for the best. Maybe I just got a bad batch, but it's something to watch out for.

Fits a Canon 60D nicely. Wouldn't recommend screwing on too tightly as they are very difficult to remove if you do! Seem to do their job as described. Have used inside in a children's museum and outside at a zoo and pics came out terrific!

I have four set of Zeikos 3 set filters, different sizes because i have a lot of lens. This are the 3 basic filters and a must need for great pictures most of the time and they are great lens protectors. The price is always low for this units and they come with a good hard case and they have long life and above all they work very good.

Purchased these specific for use of one wedding, who wanted all her pictures to have a "purple haze" look to them. (Didn't ask why). Another setting was a Senior who wanted his pictures to be a little darker due to his skin being so white. Used the smoke tint, which did the job well. Financially, these were well worth it, as they didn't cost that much to purchase on Amazon. Great Buy!

I've not had any filters before so I can't make a comparison, however i can tell you my experience. For digital the florescent filter is useless. The UV filter creates lens flare even with a hood on when you get near a flat angle with the sun. More so than without it. Is this bad or typical? Couldn't tell you. The Polarizing filter is actually very helpful on my D90. It seems to allow a little better metering especially in high light situations. Never would us in indoors so couldn't say how that would work out.

For the price, these filters are hard to beat. I can't see that they're coated as specified, but for glass (not cheap plastic) filters with a carrying case, their price and performance are quite adequate. My one qualm: the fluorescent and polarized filters screw on with no difficulty, but the UV filter was difficult. The threading seemed to be a little messed up, but it became easier after I tried the other two filters.

Zeikos ZE-FLK58 58mm Multi-Coated 3 Piece Filter Kit (UV-CPL-FLD)



Nice lens filter kit. Contains a good assortment of much needed filters, including a clear UV for all-time lens protection. I bought the 67mm for my Nikkor lenses and feel they're an excellent buy for the price. "Name brands" are a lot more expensive and really don't provide much more to compensate for the difference in prices. I would definitely buy these again! - Photography - Uv Filter - 67mm - Lens Protector'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information