Friday 30 July 2010

Nikon Camera Bag - nikon camera bag, camera cases


This package comes with a DSLR bag and 2-DVD set (one for 3100, another for d3000, d5000).



DVD: For the beginner of DSLR, the DVD can be helpful, but you can also get the similar information from internet. If you are already into this world, and want to get advanced knowledge, this DVD would not be much helpful.



Camera case: This is really a high quality bag (a little heavier than you thought). Compared to the previous starter kit, this bag has great improvement in terms of both build quality and space. It appears bigger for holding d3100 with kit lens and 50-200mm zoom lens. This is expected as it is also designed for holding d7000. So this bag is for one camera with two lens. There is also large space on the front pack for holding accessories.



Check my uploaded pictures of the bag in the share customer image section for a look. Nikon D7000-D5000-D3100-D3000 DSLR Starter Kit with Nikon School Fast, Fun, & Easy V 2-DVD set and DSLR Case

The quality of the bag is high, its padded, water resistant, and the locking clips won't break easily. The problem I have with this bag is that it is a bit too small and the layouts of the pockets are just not well thought out.

It would be better if if were about 1" wider, 2" longer, the height seems good. The pockets should be on the outside of the clips (they have a zipper anyways) so that you don't have to have the top open to access a battery or a lens for example. The lid pocket needs to be expandable or done away with, you can't keep anything more than a lens rag or a manual in it as is.

When I take my camera out for a hike I currently carry it in a range bag that I have padded, its slightly bigger and has all the pockets I need. When I'm at home I stow my camera in this bag.

This bag came with a DLSR package I bought a couple weeks ago and I was pretty excited about it. The material is good and it seems built to last. However, there is a pretty serious design flaw that has caused me to get rid of it. When you strap the bag shut the upper sides of the bag bulge out and create pretty large openings where the elements can seep in. It's pretty bad when you consider how sand or water can get into your bag and cause a really bug problem. Also, the inner adjustable compartments are pretty weak and it's pretty hard to get gear tightly secured into the bag. The bag can hold a decent amount of gear (I have a D3000, 35mm, 18-55 & 55-200 lens, battery charger and other stuff fitted in my bag but it just doesn't feel like a secure bag that I could trust for long term use.



I would suggest the Lowerpro slingshot bags instead. That bag gives you quick access to your camera, durable design and it keeps your extra gear solidly secured in your bag.

I bought this bag for my D7000 since my old bag was, well, old. The bag looks nice, fits the camera with the 18-105mm lens, a 70-300mm and a 50mm prime on the side. Space is not an issue for me but it has one big flaw that was mentioned somewhere in another review. When you close the bag, it doesn't seal very well on the sides so your equipment will be exposed to dust, sand, water(if windy), etc. I'll be using this bag for now but I'll probably get another bag with either a zipper or some Velcro where the top of the bag meets the bottom.

I didn't purchase it for the DVDs since they are very very basic, but if you're starting out in DSLRs, they'll be helpful.

This is a nice quality bag, good stitching. The clips in front are metal for the top portion and plastic on the bottom portion, a bit strange but seems durable. The only complaint I have with that is when I open the top flap I usually bang the clip on something as I flip it open making a loud ding.

Inside it can fit my Nikon d3100 with attached lens, and room for another lens in a separate padded compartment. The front zippered pocket is roomy, but you have to open the flap to get to it. The 2 side pockets each are secured by a large piece of velcro, and the pockets just aren't that big. They would fit my iphone with it's bulky case, but it doesn't make it easy to get out in a pinch.

Overall quality bag, good buy.

this is a great bag for nikon cameras (I have the D3100). It is quite big... but pretty useful! I recommend this 100%... I can also put inside my sunglasses and the camera fits perfectly, it is very easy to put the camera in and to take it out. It is a good item. The cd that comes with the bag gives you useful tips to learn quickly how to take good pics.

Luckily this was included for free with a promotion on my D3100, as I would have been extremely disappointed had I actually paid for this kit.



The DVD is not truly a 2-DVD set...each DVD has a "feature" for two different cameras. Unless you have multiple cameras, really you're only going to use one DVD...which really isn't worth your time anyway. The entire 1-hour program just tells you to use macro modes on your camera.



The bag is made of high quality material -- it really is. The problem is in the way the top flap was designed. It doesn't seal the top entirely, and there isn't enough overlap where such a design is safe. It has multiple small "holes" where the elements or some such would be able to get into the bag.



I ended up purchasing an AmazonBasics Backpack for SLR Cameras and Accessories (Black) instead, which offers much more storage space, multiple pockets, and zippers to keep the compartments sealed. After six hours of walking around carrying the Nikon bag, I decided a backpack would be better for me.



If you're looking for an actual bag instead, the Canon Deluxe Gadget Bag 100EG is a pretty solid little bag. Sure it's a Canon bag, but it is made from good material, the top features a flap like this Nikon bag, as well as a zipper to keep it sealed. The downside is it barely fits my D3100 with lens attached (lens down) and two extra lenses. If you have a large setup, it won't work, but if it's just the SLR and a couple smaller lenses, it will offer better proction than this Nikon bag. - Camera Cases - Nikon D3100 - Nikon Camera Bag - Dslr Bag'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • dslr bag
  • ,
  • nikon camera bag
  • ,
  • nikon d3100
  • ,
  • camera cases