Saturday 31 July 2010

Overnight Diapers - pampers, subscribe and save


First of all, with mommy in school and 3 babies under 6, we're on a tight budget!!! That's what first drew me to these wipes. With Amazon Mom's Club and Subscribe and Save, these are just $9.79 for 504 wipes! That makes them $0.0194 each. I'll include a price comparison in a moment so you can see just how cheap that is!!!



Okay, so I read the product reviews, and I was skeptical...I really hesitated about ordering them. But, hey, people have been wrong before, right?? So I ordered them.



Here's what I think...

1-The FIRST wipe out of the pack DOES tear if you aren't careful. The opening in the container they come in (with the plastic reclosable lid) is a little small, and the wipes are not positioned so that the edge of that first one is easy to get to. If you try to pull it from the middle, rather than feeling inside the pack with a finger for the edge, it will tear every time. However, this is not restricted to these wipes, I've had other travel packs like this do the same thing. My solution? Either stick your finger in and find the edge, or just cut/tear the pack open and pop the wipes into a box.



2-These are NOT dry. Not sure if others got a bad batch, left the package open, or just want their baby wipes to drip, but these are wonderful. I even had two other people feel of them and asked what they thought. Neither said a word about them being dry, and replied that they weren't when asked specifically. I want my wipes moist enough to do the job. I don't want them to drip or need wringing out. These have a perfect moisture content.



3-They are also NOT scratchy. I HATED the Pampers Soft Care wipes I ordered last time. They were so soft and stretchy and flimsy that I felt like it was dangerous to wipe poop or anything else I didn't want on my hand with them. I constantly was checking to see if things had leaked through them or they had torn while I was wiping. Just using them made me feel as if the baby wasn't getting very clean, and that resulted in me using "just one more" to make sure that she was. The lesson? If you want a thin, super soft wipe...this is not it. If you want a strong, reasonably soft, wipe that does the job without leaking through or tearing...you've found it.



Mostly, I am wondering if there aren't people who leave negative reviews in hopes of getting apologies/coupons, just like people who complain at perfectly fine restaurants for the same reason. I don't know, but most of the reviews I read here on Amazon about this product were completely wrong.



Price Comparison---



Pampers Thick Care (these ones, with S&S and MC)- $9.79 for 504, $0.0194 each

Sam's Club Brand (from Sam's Club, reg. price) - $13.72 for 702, $0.0196 each

Pampers Sensitive (from Amazon, with S&S and MC)- $15.14 for 704, $0.0215 each

Huggies Regular (from my local store, on sale) - $5.99 for 272, $0.022 each

Family Dollar Brand (from Family Dollar, reg.) - $4.00 for 160, $0.025 each



Okay, so Mom's Club gives me free 2-day shipping. Sam's Club price is close, but the closest one is 50 miles from here, which means I spend $10 in gas going down there, and then it is $40 a year for the membership, which means since all I ever bought there was diapers and wipes (and my diapers are cheaper from Amazon, too) it made more sense economically to let that membership expire and let Amazon send these straight to my house.



Overall? These are quality, name brand wipes that work well, are well moisturized, feel good, smell good, and are cheaper than any bargain or store brand I have found. Add that to the money I save on Luvs Diapers here on Amazon ($24.50 for a huge box, 204 in the size 3), and I am a happy camper!

PRO'S

To-Go packaging is perfect for the diaper bag.

Long lasting To-Go packaging so you don't have to worry about running out.

Great price with subscribe and save.

The scented wipes smell nice.



CON'S

Wipes tear more easily than regular Pampers wipes.

First couple of wipes are hard to pull out of packaging.

The unscented wipes don't smell that great.



Overall I am pretty happy with these wipes. The truth is you can't beat the price for the product with the amazon mom and subscribe and save discount.

These are great now that my son is older and we needed a wipe that's a little tougher. You use less for each diaper change and I love the "to-go" packaging. I have one in the diaper bag, changing table, and the car!

Thease baby wipes are hard to get apart. There's extra soap on them so my son has had a diaper rash since we started using them. Picking them out of the plastic bag they come is is also difficult and time consming especially when your little one is trying to escape. I will not buy thease again. Also if you try to put them in your own baby wipe container, good luck trying to get them out unless you open the lid and use your nails to peel part of a wipe up then try to rip it apart and do this until you have enough but by then jr has ran away. And don't use them in a diaper wipe warmer, they burn up because they're drier then normal baby wipes with more soap. I will never use thease again. - Pampers - Baby - Wipes - Subscribe And Save'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information