Wednesday 28 July 2010

Cassette Players - cassette players, cassette player portable


O.k., after having a Sony tape player that lasted 5 yrs my husband gave me when we got together stopped working (kind of works, sometimes) right, I really needed another cassette player to take with me on the go. I don't like i-pods and the like, I've tried them, and I just don't like anything about them. So, off to find a cassette player I went :) A couple of weeks ago, I came across a Jensen, and got that, after a week it just stopped. I don't want to pay a whole lot for a cassette player, all I wanted was one that could at least ``play`` if nothing else. So, after the Jensen player stopped, well, dang-it, I still needed one. So, I came across this RCA one. I love it, and it plays my tapes, and plays them nicely and LOUD, just how I love it!!!!! I gave it a 4-star instead of a 5-star due to the fact that (even though there is no Rewind button, yes, I knew that, stated in description) the FastForward button, the slowwwwwwwwwww-est fast forwarding I've EVER seen, so make sure you listen to a tape you don't have to fast-forward nothing. This was also a problem with the previous Jensen player I bought before this RCA. If any other problems arise, I will update my review. But, this RCA player DOES PLAY, and does so very nicely :) So, I'm happy!!!



*The description states it takes 2 AAA, it does not. It takes 2 AA. Just making that correction, if it is o.k.? :)



** 3 months later... still MORE than satisfied!!!! :) Out of all tape walk-mans I've ever owned, this 1 is ``BY FAR`` the BEST, especially for the money. Batteries, I've noticed last a good long while in this tape player, as well!!!! Only problem is the slow FF, but I've already talked about that ;) RCA RCP268 Personal FM Radio with Cassette Player

So i was looking on the market for a portable cassette player for cheap. Then i came across this. It was pretty low in price, compared to other players going for 50 dollars and up. Everything works great.

Things i have been noticing for the past week of use (everyday) is that sometimes the play button does not stay active. i push it in, it pops back up. Then i found out that if i just open it again, then close it, it plays fine.

Next, the problem with the play button seems to do the same thing for the fast forward button as well.

Overall, its a great player for the money.

Radio works fine too, but if you are not looking to spend a lot of money, get this one.

Oh and battery life is good too. I have not had to change batteries yet with use of everyday for a week.

Like nearly everyone else, I look for a bargain when I can. I wouldn't call this player a great bargain. It's adequate most of the time. But if you want something better, you'll pay 4 times as much, or more.



I knew it had a cheap transport (only 3 buttons, no rewind), but a pleasant surprise was the type of auto-shutoff it has: it shuts off when the takeup spindle stops moving, which is preferable to the type that depends on tape tension--the latter generally won't shut off when the player starts "eating" a tape, leading to massive tangles, but the shutoff in this RCA player should stop things at the first sign of a problem, minimizing tape damage. (And all tape players eventually have some sort of jam, so this is worth considering.)



In normal operation, the transport does not have a whole lot of power, which leads to speed instability if there's the slightest drag in the cassette. And any movement of the player causes the speed to fluctuate. The player may also set the record for the slowest fast forward ever.



There is noticeable motor noise in the audio during quiet portions of a recording. That shouldn't happen, but they probably saved a penny by not including a filter capacitor on the motor.



In short, I call it adequate because I didn't want to spend 4 times as much. But it's nothing to brag about.

Only want a walkman to listen to music while at Y and walking outside. Got this one to replace one have had for 5+ years that still works. At first it worked fine but then it started playing the music at a slower speed. tried changing batteries but that didnt work. It will sound fine for 10 mins then slow down. I went back to using my old walkman.

I bought two of these. The first one just turned itself off (the cassette feature) whenever it felt like it, and it felt like it about every 15 seconds. I bought the second one, and that one never had its head connect with the tape. I returned both.

The RCA RCP268 was sealed in original package when received. The radio worked OK, but the cassette would not fast forward at all and would play tapes so slowly and unevenly it was painful to listen to. Batteries were new and various tapes were tried.

The product has been returned for credit. Very disappointing.

The sound quality is horrible. It seems to be playing just a little slower than it should, so there is distortion; sounds like the battery is old, which is not the case. I'm very disappointed in it, as I thought RCA would be a good brand. - Rca - Cassette Players - Portable Cassette Player - Cassette Player Portable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information