Friday 30 July 2010

Ir Emitter - remote extender, remote control repeater


The instructions included in the box were not clear about having to connect a ground wire to the housing. After messing with it for hours, I finally went to the manufactures website and downloaded a new instruction sheet which stated you must ground the housing for reliable operation. Works great now! Buffalo IR-100 IR Receiver

I've had the Buffalo Electronics IR-100 receiver installed in my entertainment system for a couple years now and it has worked flawlessly. I use their IR-350 as the pickup, and I've got four IR-E1 IR Flashers going to my various components.



It works well with the individual component remotes, as well as my new Logitech Harmony universal remote.

I purchased this product along with the IR-250, IR-E1, and the SPS-1212. The setup could not have been any easier. I installed the IR-250 in place of a blank wall plate I already had in the wall. I ran about 50 feet of CAT6 cable from the IR-250 down into my basement where it connected to the IR-100. I then ran an IR-E1 from the IR-100 to the front of my new Directv receiver. Everything works flawlessly. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical given the price-point on the Buffalo products, but so far they have outperformed my expectations. I would definitely recommend this setup to anyone looking for an IR extender setup.

I bought this so that I could keep the wooden doors of my TV stand closed during use. I bought this item along with the Buffalo DV9-500 9VDC 500mA Power Supply for IR Receiver, the Buffalo IR-E1 IR Flasher and Buffalo IR-350 Cabinet Mount IR Repeater. It worked just fine for me. I used a 2-ft piece of CAT5 cable to connect the IR repeater with the receiver and used the screw-terminal connections to make the connection. The most difficult part of the installation was finding the IR sensor on my receiver. It is harder than it sounds! Luckily, the adhesive that is attached to the flasher is quite tenacious and allowed me to attach it and remove the 1/2 dozen times it took me to successfully find the IR receiver.



If you're looking for something to work with a cabinet, I recommend this setup. It worked quite well for me.

This didn't work at all with a Samsung LCD HDTV and an HD TiVo. The TV created interference that overwhelmed the IR sensor and generated too strong a signal in the IR flasher that the TiVo wouldn't accept. I could get it to work intermittently by wrapping the IR flasher in paper to degrade the signal, but then it wouldn't work for the first minute after turning on the TV. It also wouldn't work if I pointed the remote directly at the IR receiver. I had to point it off axis to make it work.



After talking with an infrared hardware expert where I work, I instead purchased a XANTECH 49085DKit LCD-Proof Designer Micro Link Infrared Kit, which is specifically designed to filter out interference from LCD TV's and compact fluorescent lights. It works perfectly no matter what direction I point the remote, and I'm a lot happier now.



I recommend buying this instead:

XANTECH 49085DKit LCD-Proof Designer Micro Link Infrared Kit - Remote Control Extender - Remote Extender - Remote Control Repeater - Ir Emitter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • remote control extender
  • ,
  • remote control repeater
  • ,
  • remote extender
  • ,
  • ir emitter