Friday 10 June 2011

Baitcasting Rods - shimano, trout rod


This may be the cheapest rod you can ever find. Plus, it is distributed in sportsauthority stores, about 9.99 each. So you can try them in person if you have sportsauthority nearby. Many people doubt them just because of the too low price tag, which are cheaper than many children rods. In fact, they are really decent rods. Shimano's catolog even mentions that this series is good for light salt water fishing, which it does. I mainly fish in Long Island. and no rust is found in guides after one year use.



I have three FX rod, 7' 6.6' and 5'. Because of their prices, I am not forced to take much care of them. I just put them into trunk, and never worry about them. after 1 year use, there is no indication of damage. Believe me, they are sensitive, and light.



I highly recommend them. Their too low prices should not be the reason keeping you from them. Shimano FXS 2 Piece Ultra Light Spinning Rod (5-Feet 6-Inch)

i have another rods, but when i used for the first time i am really surprised , you can compare with another expensive rods with the same results, it is light and strong, this is really a good rod for fresh and salt water (use the medium heavy is really functional in both environments) .

I bought this rod to replace a light rod that I broke early in the season. I picked this one because its very cheap and a name brand. I'm quite happy with this rod. I've paired it with an Abu Garcia Cardinal 100 reel. It casts smoothly, feels great, and is very light. No problems casting over and over. It carres easily and so far hold up to my rough usage.



The only down side to this rod is that the part of the reel seat that screws in is the bottom part, so you hand rests on that. It's not the most comfortable place to put it, since you are resting your hands on the threads. But, again, it's a very light rod and the weight definately doesn't cause problems. I could see this as a good rod to start someone young with.

I bought this as a second pole, as I broke it by simply pulling drag out with maybe 7lbs of drag set on the reel it snapped in half. Maybe ok for a cheap second pole in the bottom of the boat, but don't count on it. Time will tell when I try out the warranted pole number 2 to see if it indeed is a piece of #2. - Shimano - Ugly Stick - Trout Rod'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information