Wednesday 15 June 2011

Computer Accessories - desktop speakers, cheap speakers


I was looking around for a while for the least expensive and still good quality speakers on Amazon, and these seem to be them. These have great sound quality and get plenty loud. All you have to do is plug the power cord into the wall and the green audio cord into the computer and it works. And I have to say that i think they look better in real life than in the pictures. Good buy. I cant think of any bad things about them. Logitech S120 2.0 Multimedia Speakers

These speakers are small, stylish, high-performing, and most of all, cheap. Just like me! Only one oddity to report: the instructions refer to a pink plug and a green plug, but in reality there is only a green plug.

Living in a quiet college community I wanted to have access to music while not disturbing other residents. I wanted a nice quality sound for listening to music via the internet and I found it in my new Logtech Stereo Speakers. The sound quality is not unlike that from any good audio system. For such a compact size the sound is awesome. I would recommend these speakers for listeners who enjoy good music while working at their computer or just for listening to music on any computer. They feature adjustable volume, just so you know, and adjusts well to graphic equalizer preferences. It dosent matter the type of music or sound. Logtech speakers adapt well to heavy bass, R and B, Jazz, classical music, video, and/or even techno! Whatever your listening preference Logtech multimedia speakers require little space and delivers quality sound.

At $9.995 a pair, they are good buy, but they do have some very serious limitations. They are too bright, sounding a little tinny. The bass below 120 hz is almost nonexistent. The midrange appears fairly accurate and smooth. They are better than other speakers I have heard in this price category, but not comparable to many $20+ speakers. I own a Logitech predecessor, Soundman sLH2s, that I paid $20 for about 5 years and I was hoping I would get comparable sound, but no.

I wanted cheap speakers for my desk at work, I was never going to set the sound very high. For the money I paid, I expected some cheap plastic things that would fall over if I looked at them wrong and a volume knob that would fall off if it got the feeling I was thinking about turning it. Boy was I surprised when I opened these today.



Heavy enough to feel planted, solidly built, plenty of cord length (both power and pc connection), 3 rubber feet per speaker, and in my opinion, they look better than they do in photos. Sound quality is decent as well (it should be noted that, as I mentioned earlier, I'm at work and have not turned them up loud).



I think these are WELL worth the money.

These are OK speakers for casual music listeners, and are a great buy for non-music audio stuff, like the latest web ads from Obama or McCain.



These speakers are very small, and have an ordinary 2 prong electric plug, no external transformer. Nice.



As to music, for $11, pretty good, but I'd recommend you spend more like $20 if music is your main deal. I've been listening to some CDs that I'm very familiar with and the bass response with these little guys cuts off at the lower mid-range. Not terrible, but I think for a few bucks more, music reproduction would be better.



My musical test is The Flamin' Groovies, an ordinary rock band, in terms of frequency response. The speakers are light in the bass, and overly responsive on the high end.



BOTTOM LINE: Good value for the money, but for music, a few additional bucks will probably be worth the expense.

In hindsight it seems extremely unfair to expect a $10 pair of desktop PC speakers to have reasonably good sound, but based my excellent experience with the Creative T-20 desktop multimedia speakers, and the very high numbers of positive comments on the S-120s, that's exactly what I expected. The Logitech S-120s are essentially a self amplified low quality 2" tweeter in a lightweight plastic enclosure. The claimed 2.3 watts is highly suspect, and the stated 50hz to 20khz is simply a severe exaggeration.



For $10 the Logitech S-120s are a good buy on a fairly mediocre speaker. In fairness, they're a decent value and are clearly better than most of the PC/multimedia speakers that are often included in a PC package, but most of those are simply awful speakers that won't come close to satisfying a remotely serious listener. The S-120s are a step up to mediocre. This review may seem a little harsh considering the low price tag on the Logitechs, but had I read more realistic objective comments about the sound of these speakers, I would have passed on them, so I hope that someone gets a truer view of what they can and cannot do from these critical comments. There are undoubtedly legions of happy campers who own this little system, but you'll have to count me as a dissenter. On the positive side, they're small, easy to place, well constructed, and have an easy to reach on/off volume knob. If you have realistic performance expectations based on what these speakers really are, they'll be fine for many non-critical applications but there's no chance of these replacing a decent set of real audio speakers hooked to a real amplifier or receiver. Alas, the laws of physics remain unwavering! The S-120s reproduce sound with some minor semblance of realism, combined with a fair amount of not so surprising box noise and amplifier hiss. The end result leaves them sounding pretty much like any cheap boom box type radio/music player with poor clarity, weak bottom end, and no dynamic realism. Logitech does offer a version of these speakers with a subwoofer called the S-220 2.1 for ~ $25, which would add some weight to the bottom end, but won't cure the many other ills of the sound. - Pc Speakers - Desktop Speakers - Cheap Speakers - Laptop Speakers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information