Friday 10 June 2011

Door Hardware - deadbolt, door hardware


Works well. It has really been nice not needing keys to get in the house. I have them on two different doors plus I have keypad entry on my garage door (with generator power backup) so I am not worried about a single unit failure locking me out. I have actually never had a failure but I do prophetically replace the battery every autumn. I guess if I was lazy, I could use the new 9V Lithium batteries. They would probably go several years. What is really nice is its ability to handle multiple codes. That way I do not have to change my primary code if I want to temporarily give someone else access to the house. I can then delete the temporary code once their need for access has ended. The programming is a bit cryptic but I can sympathize with the designers given a limited number of buttons. BE365 CAM 609 Keypad Deadbolt

I installed one of the Camelot locks on my front door so my daughter could gain easier access without having to remember a key. My 93 yr old Mother-in-law fell in love with it and had to have one on her main access door also. I had to use the one with the handle on hers because she has no deadbolt but she loves it. No more fumbling for keys in a poorly lit garage. The lighted keypad is awesome and so is the quick lock feature. Just push the button that says Schlage and turn the lock. I have since ordered two more that I installed for friends and they are hooked too. Don't hesitate order yours today. There are simple install instructions for the deadbolt one but the other takes a little more advanced knowledge of locks because the instructions aren't as clear. They do give you an 800 number to call if you need assistance though. I saved $30 by buying on Amazon over our local lumberyards.

I love never having to worry about having a key to my house. If my young children accidentally lock me out of the house, I'm okay. If I want to go for a run, I don't have to carry a key. If my friends need to get in they can. Each friend has their own code that I can revoke at any time. I love it.

The keypad works as advertised! It was even easier to install than stated in the instructions since I was replacing an existing manual schlage deadbolt.



We were so pleased with this lock that I installed a second one on the back door.

This deadbolt is a real cost saver!!!! After having to leave work multiple times to let my (somewhat forgetful) kid in the house after "forgetting" their house key, this unit has paid for itself in no time. Not the easiest to install, but definitely worth the effort!

I've got it installed for about 2 months now. Working beautifully!! Installation took about 1:30 hours cause I had to drill the door. Instructions were clear and accurate. Now, I never get locked out!!

We bought this lock as a replacement for one that only lasted a couple of years. No wonder it was on sale! This one is easy to use, uses one 9V battery and room for 19 different entry codes. Let's hope it keeps on going!

This deadbolt is very well built and installs as easy as a standard deadbolt. I bought this to make it easier on my kids so they wouldn't need to keep up with a key. I like the fact you can also lock the deadbolt from outside without a key. It also allows you to enter up to 19 different access codes which is pretty cool for adding a number to give to someone that is watching your house or if you have a guest and don't want to give out your main number. The illuminated keypad for at night is very useful. I do not see anything I don't like about it. - Electronic Lock - Dead Bolts - Deadbolt - Door Hardware'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • deadbolt
  • ,
  • door hardware
  • ,
  • electronic lock
  • ,
  • dead bolts