Monday 20 June 2011

Dry Erase - dry erase markers, board dudes


You get eight attractive colors in this 4-marker set (black & blue, red & orange, purple & pink, light blue & green). I've been using them for a few months now with no big complaints. I keep one on my magnetic board (also by Board Dudes) for ease of access. This would have been 5 stars for me if not for one caveat: The eraser material on the tips of marker caps tend to shed, especially right out-of-the-box. Be sure to wipe off as much of the loose material first before you use it, or you will get the hairs all over your board. After you clean them, they are much less prone to fall out, but still will occasionally. BUT with that in mind, the eraser tips are quite handy and these are excellent quality markers. Board Dudes Double-Sided Magnetic Dry Erase Markers, 4 Packs (14002UA-24)

I've been using these on this Quartet melamine whiteboard: Quartet® Standard Dry-Erase Board, Melamine, 36 x 24, White, Aluminum Frame



Pros:



- Bright, opaque colors that show up very well, even the aqua & pink



- Eraser-tipped caps are handy



- Pretty colors!



- Erase completely even after a few weeks



Cons:



- Eraser-tipped caps means that you can't just put the cap on the end of the marker when you're using it - not a big deal, but I'm forgetful enough that I could easily lose track of it.



- Caps require more force than I expected to put on tightly. A plus is that it's easy to tell when the cap isn't on all the way - the cap color is extended on to the marker itself, so you'll see white if the cap isn't on.



Notes:



- Tips are a little thicker than a fine-point Sharpie and deliver a line that's more than sufficient to read from a few feet away, or in a medium-sized conference room, but may be too thin to read in a classroom environment. Certainly too thin to read in a lecture hall.



- For those whose monitors are not doing a great job with the picture, the colors offered are: blue/black, pink/purple, red/orange, aqua/green.



- Check your board to confirm that it's magnetic - I assumed, and was disappointed. I had to play with them on my friend's whiteboard instead. The magnets on these markers seem to be weak, but they're more than strong enough to keep them from sliding around on a vertical surface.



Recommended. I'll buy these again.

I was surprised with the quality of these markers. We use our magnetic dry erase board for assisting our kids with their math homework, and these markers have nice, fine points that are perfect for the job. Each marker has two different colored tips, and both sides have an eraser on the cap. This is the only brand we'll be purchasing from now on!

The markers aren't magnetic, the caps are. And, the magnets are only on one side of the cap. This means that you have to take the effort to align the caps such that both magnets are facing the same way. Otherwise, only one end will stick to the board, and it will hang vertically (which the instructions explicitly say not to do), and probably fall off because it's not very stable that way. Anyway, the erasers on the tips are cool, and they are fine markers, but it's really not more convenient than having a magnetic try to hold your markers.

I've had these for a few months and have used a few colors. They remain attached to my board all the time and leave no marks because the magnets are recessed into the plastic.



This is a great fundamental, as other magnets with direct magnet-to-board contact have left marks.



Overall, I've only tried 2 colors and the erasers as I've only needed 2, but both were better than the stock markers given to me with my board.



Good stuff, hope it lasts, I don't use colors enough to tell you how long it might last, but the black one has been doing well.

I was pleased. I keep them in a small recycled box in the pull-out section of my desk, rather than sticking them to the board itself. This way I can ensure they lie flat. I use them to color-coordinate my assignments so that I can do it at-a-glance, rather than jotting it down in a notebook planner and forget to look.



The points are actually thicker than I wanted them to be, but they are still sufficient. Not fine-point, I'd say medium-point, similar to writing with a corner of a lightly blunted chisel marker. The colors are fun and not offensive.



The erasers are really great for being able to fix mistakes or swipe off a task as soon as I'm done, and I use them often. I will update if I start having any problems with them; there are some colors that have begun to resist a bit.



Thanks Board Dudes!

You cannot easily stick these markers on your magnetic white board after using them, because each cap on both ends must be perfectly aligned. You know the liklihood that you have put the cap back on exactly in line with the other end?

Zero percent.



Intelligence has been succesfully bred out of the culture.

These markers were excellent for my white board. Plus, I don't have to worry about losing them because they are magnetic and stay right on the board when you are done using them. The colors are great too.

The markers write well and they do stick to the board provided you line them up properly. Unfortunately one of the markers was defective and could not form a seal with the cap and so the purple was dried up before it even arrived to me. - Board Dudes - Markers - Dry Erase - Dry Erase Markers'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information