Thursday 9 June 2011

Iphone Headset Adapter - headset, accessories


I purchased this Headset Buddy Adapter for my Motorola Droid. I already had a wired headset (one-ear) that I love, but it was a 2.5mm. This adapter lets me use the headset that I already own and prefer. I especially like the fact that the adapter consists of the 3.5mm jack, then some cable and then the adapter, which makes the whole assembly seem more natural. I would definitely recommend this for anyone one needing to convert a 2.5mm headset to a 3.5mm. Headset Buddy: 2.5mm Phone Headset to 3.5mm Adapter - Convert 2.5mm Headset to 3.5mm iPhone, Blackberry, Palm

I've bought quite a few 2.5 to 3.5 adapters that didn't work with my iPhone. I think the iPhone's 3.5 mm audio jack is less standard than one might think. I wouldn't be surprised if there were patents on the connector arrangements.



This one worked. It resembles an adapter I was able to buy 2 years ago that also worked. Like my old adapter this one feels a bit flimsy -- I suspect it's only good for about 8 months of heavy use. Since these adapters seem to come and go I suggest buying 2-3 at a time.



Update: I bought two more. All three of them work. I found an old adapter and these are substantially sturdier. So I'm giving it a full five star rating.

Not much to say, bought this for my HTC Incredible so I could use my wired earset I used and liked with my previous phone. It arrived in good packing but the adapter itself has a break in the wire. It appears to have never been used but I plugged it in and instantly noticed static if the wire moved at all and dropping the audio both from the receive and microphone.



I do not blame the seller as it appears to have never been used, just glad I bought a bluetooth in same order but I like to use wired when at home.



UPDATE:

In the comments to this post you will see a comment from a rep for the company and he does indeed work for them and have been in touch. They sent me a new adapter but I had the exact same trouble so I have suggested to them that perhaps it is something about how it connects in the incredible itself and not the adapter. I have since purchased earsets that work fine so it has to be something about the adapter, perhaps not ging deep enough into the jack.



I am most impressed with their eagerness to see a customer satisfied with their purchase.

The picture here shows a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter, with the 3.5mm end having 3-rings. This is a key feature, if you're hoping to use a 2.5mm headset with this adapter, the first two cover the headphones, the third is for the microphone.



My item arrived with only the first two. It was not as pictured and it essentially worthless junk.

This item was promptly shipped exactly as advertised and does work with my iPhone 3g. In my case the iPhone doesn't have quite enough power to properly drive the Plantronic headset I wanted to use (it does work but it is too quiet) but that's not the fault of this cable.

Purchased 2 of these for Droid. Connection is intermittent at best. I have a 3.5 corded headset so I was able to confirm that the Droid connection is not at fault. May work for the right connection/phone but not my Droid 2.

I'd had a Blackberry with a 2.5mm jack for years and finally upgraded to a samsung smartphone. I bought this little guy so I could use my existing headset with my new phone. It works perfect everytime. Sound quality is great. People hear me well. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

My first review of this product said "It sucked." Basically that I would give it 0 stars if I could. Then I got this email response to my review:



The Headset Buddy says:



"I am very sorry the headset adapter you purchased was not what you were expecting. This is because you inadvertently purchased a counterfeit adapter through an unauthorized vendor.



There are currently only two authorized Headset Buddy vendors on Amazon - our own company, Webko, as well as Ace Digital Photo. All other vendors on Amazon.com are unauthorized sellers selling inferior, knock-off products.



We are actively working to remove these fraudulent listings. Also, we would like make you this offer: We will provide you with the actual Headset Buddy adapter for free! We will pay shipping. In exchange, we ask that if you like our product you will remove your negative review and update with a positive review. If you want to accept our offer, please email your contact information and..."



So I sent them my info and got the new adapter a couple of days later. The difference was like day and night.



The first adapter came in a cheap plastic bag - the real Headset Buddy came in a plastic package like you'd see on a rack in the store.

The first adapter didn't work - the new one works great. The wire is twice as thick and where it connects to the jack is well reinforced.



I plugged the new adapter into my 3rd gen iPod and made a couple of skype calls with the new adapter. The calls were clear with no static even when I shook the iPod vigorously.



Bottom line, the seller on this item when I went to write this new review is a fraudulent seller. Beware. If it doesn't say Webko above the picture, it's a ripoff. Click on more sellers and select Webko for the real item. I don't understand why Amazon allows this to happen. - Accessories - Iphone Headset Adapter - Iphone - Headset'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information