Saturday 18 June 2011

Laminating Supplies - laminating supplies, laminators


These pouches are very nicely priced for how many you get and the quality of the pouches. They work best in machines that you don't need to use a carrier sleeve with like the Scotch(TM) TL901 Thermal Laminator 15.5 in x 6.75 in x 3.75 in 2 roller system. They are 3 mm pouches and they seal very well, crystal clear and very shiny.

If you're a crafter, they make a good way to protect non-dimensional paper art, to make custom dry erase boards as gifts or for yourself, or to protect recipe cards. Scotch(TM) Thermal Laminating Pouches, 9 Inches x 11.4 Inches, 50 Pouches (TP3854-50)

Whatever you do, make sure that the machine that uses this product doesn't need a sleeve to operate. I found that this gives the best seal for the lamination with the machines that are run through without the lamination sleeve.

If you are in the market for laminating supplies for your Scotch Thermal Laminator, this is the only product to buy; you can buy the 50 pouches or the 20 pouches. My guess is that 50 pouches are the more economic deal. If you only buy the pack of 20 pouches, you might as well go to an office supply store and have them perform the job; that way, the laminator won't sit in the box while you forget you have it. Real serious people who laminate projects keep it nearby; there are so many uses for it.

The Thermal Laminating Pouches also come in three smaller sizes (in the event you aren't clever enough to cut through the laminated product). The sizes are for 5" by 7" photos or whatever, 4" by 6" photos, and also for ID cards. Personally, the creative person will go for the 50 Thermal Laminating Pouches and become a creative cutter, "after the laminating has been completed".

Take a look at the previous review for the Scotch Thermal Laminator, preceding this review; they are a great match.

I have lamenated a dozen or more items with no bubbling nor burning. I used these with Scotch TL901 lamentator. I lamentated standard 20 wt paper as well as thicker presentation 32 wt paper. I have used these to make bookmarks and feel it provides sufficient stiffness. So far These are the only laminating pouches I have used. I believe that the laminator is just as significant as the pouches.



I selected these pouches even though more costly than others advertised on Amazon because with Super Saver free shipping, they were a couple of bucks cheaper than the no name 5mil pouches offered which required an additional S&H which was the supplier means of adding to their profit margin. Be leery and look at total costs.

I have the scotch thermal laminator, and those pouches are the brand that goes with it, I never buy anything else, the output is hard as a sheet of glass and stays intact and never peels off. I recommend it all the way.

I was looking for the 5 mil, but couldn't find them. These 3 mil pouches are pretty thick though. I've used almost half of my pack and there has been no bubbles or burning. I've not needed to run them thru a second time, either. Like others, I wish I could order larger quantities at a discount, but the product is great! I've made workbox grids for school and a chore chart and added velcro dots and the laminated pieces have held up very nicely to little 5 year old hands!

This product works great! The feature I love is that the laminated sheets come out cool instead of hot. It is not a bulky unit and does not require a lot of storage space. I use it and place back in its original box until I need it again. I will add that after purchasing it online I found the exact same one in walmart about $9.00 cheaper. I have no complaints about this product.

THESE POUCHES ARE GREAT FOR 8.5 X 11 PICTURES, CHARTS, LETTERS, CERTIFICATES, ETC. THEY CAN ALSO BE CUT TO FIT SMALLER ITEMS BEFORE LAMINATING OR YOU CAN CUT AROUND ITEMS AFTER LAMINATING TO LEAVE A SMALL BORDER. THIS IS A VERY GOOD PRODUCT AND I RECOMMEND IT TO EVERYONE THAT USES A LAMINATOR.

I purchased both the laminating machine and pouches of various sizes for my mother this Christmas. She is a laminating junkie and laminates just about everything she can including pictures, proof of insurance certificates, newspaper clippings, recipe cards and even recipes pulled from magazines. Its important to note that my mother is about as anti tech as one can possibly get. It took me a couple years just to get her operating a Mac laptop efficiently. When it comes to technology, she finds even the simplest of things difficult, lol. Anyways, she figured out how to operate the laminating machine in just a few minutes. That's how simple it is to use this system.



The pouches are fantastic as they make aligning of the item super easy. You just pop the item into the pouch and send it through the laminating machine and your all set. The quality is absolutely perfect. No air bubbles and no creases, just a perfectly laminated item. Considering how cheap the laminating machine is, something like this is a no-brainer for people like my mother. The pouches run anywhere from 20 to 33 cents each depending on size.



Bottom line - This system is extremely affordable and about as easy as something can be to operate. The lamination of important documents is just a smart idea and with a system as easy and affordable as this.....well there is really no reason not to. Highly recommended.



5 stars! - Laminators - Scotch - Laminating Supplies - Home Laminator'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information